Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • bike shops – when do your 'mega end of season' sales start??
  • radoggair
    Free Member

As above – please

stuartie_c
    Free Member

You looking out for that 21lb carbon hardtail to take 2 hours off your Kielder time?

AlasdairMc

Usually the day after you've just bought the expensive parts you needed

dyna-ti

A lean time for cyclists families,
    Birthdays put on hold,tesco own brand food their only available sustenance.
    Kids school shoes usually bought at the sale……

😆 😆

radoggair
    Free Member

You looking out for that 21lb carbon hardtail to take 2 hours off your Kielder time?

Yup, well not far off. An hour off would be more like it!!

Still like the scott scale although Oli doesn't help with his ' i've broke 250 frames ' nonsense. 😉

WTF
    Free Member

My LBS had the "mega end of season sale" about March this year just prior to the 2010 models being introduced. 😕

ojom
    Free Member

What you looking for?

radoggair
    Free Member

50% off!!

ojom
    Free Member

on what?

ojom
    Free Member

or should that be 'off what'?

njee20
    Free Member

With many top end bikes seeming in relatively short supply this year and with new models costing far more I think you're going to be quite lucky.

PedalOn are usually the best place for discounted Scott stuff, but Scott Europe are so rubbish with stock there's rarely that much left!

radoggair
    Free Member

not sure yet. Scott scale 20, zaskar carbon pro poss. Something carbon, something HT and a race bike, good spec (Not really worried too much about XTR, but XT) and all cheap

jimmy

and all cheap

Put an order in with 'Big Wullie' down the boozer, he'll get anything you like for 'favours'.

radoggair
    Free Member

HOw was GT?inners. A bit sore to make it today

ziggy
    Free Member

What he said.

I only have about 10 '09 mtbs left, imports of bikes were down around 10% this year so alot of shortages. Zaskar carbons were sold out months ago.

Your best bet is to trawl a few local shops to see if they have any to shift.

Also due to the fact that next years crop are going up in price there won't be the discounting that has happened in previous years.

Trekster

Think bike makers/importers are doing what my work are doing, running to micro/macro manage stock so that if/when big bang/bust 2 comes along next year they do not have a lot of stock lying around = cash at the end of the day.

Or they are doing what Orange have done for years, keep it lean and prices up. Manufacture false shortages keeps retail price up cause everyone will buy when seen. aka M&S re their new buying policy.

My lbs tells me Trek have run out of certain models already with the next batch not due till Dec. He had some in the shopping cart, customer comes in, he goes back to press order and stock level was zero 😥 1 unhappy shop manager.

rado…for Scott bike deals try Kudu cycles down in Hawes. Did my mate a very good deal on a new bike(cant mention make-not allowed to discount!!)

njee20
    Free Member

You're not not allowed to discount anything, that's price fixing!

It's true manufacturers don't want to 'dilute' the market with a vast number of top end bikes sold on the cheap, it devalues the brand. The number of S-Works bikes being imported in the UK for 2010 is absolutely laughable, so keen are Specialized to avoid it.

timwillows
    Free Member

Lots of Specialized being discounted by my local shop, £3000 down to about £2250 as i recall

rolfharris
    Free Member

We're too tight and have too little pricey stock to discount things hugely (mostly cheap commuter stuff), although we always have a few top end road bikes that don't shift because that's what the boss likes so he'll buy them regardless.

I had Ollie's last Scale, and it was very good, but I'd not want to do the 100 on it. They're great for short races but they're prime back raping material on longer stuff.

as has been said above, none of the distributors have much stuff in (all bought on credit, see), so not much to discount, but there are some things worth a look.

This is really cool. It weighs about 23lbs and is pure shit off a shovel quick.

http://www.awcycles.co.uk/brands/Giant/XtC%20Alliance%201,%20carbon/aluminium%20hardtail,%202009/7961/index.aspx

These always seem popular at races and always have good deals on. No idea how they ride, and I don't think they're hugely light though.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=32973

Could be worth looking ont he XC Racer forum in October when the season's over and all the bike shop whippets are selling this season's racers.

njee20
    Free Member

I'll have a brand new S-Works Epic frame for sale in a couple of months if you want to go bouncy. Complete bike is currently 20.9lbs, very fast bicycle!

The XC Racer forum's not a bad idea though.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Not much about this year as the bike manufacturers were pretty cautious about the pre-orders for the '09 model year. As it turns out the bike trade has had a great year and many main bike companies are desparately trying to pull '10 bikes forward.

coatesy
    Free Member

£200 off zaskar carbon pro at Sunset? Won't be much discount going on this year, as said before, virtually no 09 stock left with the importers and a price increase coming up = not much discount.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I, was the same in the 08 – 09 change over, people asking for silly money off the last bikes in the shop in August when we knew that the next shipment would be the end of September! Even when we explained this they argued. All the bikes went at full rrp in the end…often hours after we turned down the silly offers!

SSP

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘bike shops – when do your 'mega end of season' sales start??’ is closed to new replies.