Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Bike shop in / near Stourbridge
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a decent bike shop in or near Stourbridge?

Mate is looking to get kitted out and is wondering where might be best.

Cheers

singlespeedstu

Two Wheels.

01384 394653

z1ppy

Two Wheels or Race-Co Cycles – neither is huge but worth a quick squint in both.

You also have Leisure Lakes just up the road in Wolvehampton.

lunge

Agree with Z1ppy, Race Co or Two Wheels are your best bet. Brotherton Cycles in Old Hill is also ok and worth a look if you’re passing.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers guys… I’ve let him know to save him buying a reebok helmet from JJB!!! 🙄

B

z1ppy

Decathlon up at merryhell is also an option.

rOcKeTdOg

race co owner is a nice chap who won’t sell you stuff that you don’t really need just coz he’s got stock to get rid of, no comment on 2 wheels

singlespeedstu

You don’t know Paul very well do you RD….

z1ppy

…indeedy.

rOcKeTdOg

no comment on 2wheels is what i think i typed

singlespeedstu

I was talking about Paul the “nice chap” from Race Co.

Not the way I’d describe him myself…….

rOcKeTdOg

of course this is purely based on the experience i’ve had of both shops, i can’t comment on yours, the no comment on 2 wheels was because i didn’t want to slag anyone off

singlespeedstu

Does knowing him from when he was at junior school not count then…. 😯

rOcKeTdOg

did he have a bike shop at junior school then?, well at least you can say he’s a veteran of the business 😉

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Speeds Cycles in Bromsgrove, at the foothills of the NW Alps, is small but has some decent kit and usually really helpful.

z1ppy

Speeds is nice but I found there stock to be a little limited.

My comment about about Race Co/Paul was purely based on RD post “who won’t sell you stuff that you don’t really need just coz he’s got stock to get rid of”, bugger is forever trying to sell me a Prophet (and I want one).
    Only known him since he started Race Co. though.

rOcKeTdOg

speeds? 🙄 i’d rather go to 2 wheels 😉

singlespeedstu

Let’s just say I wouldn’t trust him to put air in me tyres 😯

rOcKeTdOg

i remember a few from school like that, including one who claims to work for an F1 team on his friends reunited page 😛

sc-xc

I’m totally with Stu on this. Used both shops, and Race Co/Paul seems pretty clueless. All IME of course.

lunge

Paul @ RaceCo is a nice guy and does like a chat, but you do need to keep your wallet in your pocket in his shop as he does get his sales head on given half a chance (no bad thing really as he does need to sell to make a living). He’s got some nice kit in his shop as well.

I prefer Two Wheels as they always seem to have the bit of kit you need and are not as pushy as Paul. However i have friend we will not go to Two Wheels as they feel like they don’t have the time for the customers unless you’re “known” and they just don’t seem overly bothered. They all now use RaceCo.

MicArms

rOcKeTdOg – Member

speeds? [:roll:] i’d rather go to 2 wheels [;)]
    Nothing to do with you once working/ helping out there RD?

aP
    Free Member

I just drove up today from west London to Two Wheels to have a pair of mono minis serviced and upgraded with phenolic pistons and have a mono mini pro rear brake put on my bike. All in all it was a lot easier than trying to find a bike shop in London that’ll do all that in one day.

Wilqaeda
    Free Member

Rocketdog id like to know why two wheels is so bad, seens as i work there. If you wanna discuss it in person come in and ask for the small angry hairy chap 🙂

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Pulls up chair…. 😯

sheldona
    Free Member

Shall I put the kettle on?

rOcKeTdOg

yes Mick, that was an interesting day i worked at Speeds, back in the day when mountainbike was a dirty word in there

Wilqaeda (Wilqaeda)

mmmm a member for 36 mins, interesting 🙄

singlespeedstu

So come on the rocketdog tell us why you dislike them so much.

Did someone take the p1ss a bit and you couldn’t handle it? 😉

I wouldn’t take it personaly they rip the p1ss out of most folk. Then give them a nice big discount and great after sales service.

rOcKeTdOg

i’m sure they wouldn’t want the truth posted on the internet, better just give your own version Stu, as they are your buddies 😉

singlespeedstu

Just a thought.

Why not go in and tell them what you think? and how they managed to spark off your one man crusade to slag them off on an internet forum.

You might get better results if you talk to folks face to face. 😯

snap
    Free Member

Now Now boys Calm down

Wilqaeda
    Free Member

Basically stu aruging on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win, your still a reatrd. And yes rocketdog i signed up to find out why we are so bad! so if you want im there mon, weds, thurs, fri and saturdays, 9:30 till 5:30. Come down, we’ll have a chat 😉

Wilqaeda
    Free Member

snap
    Free Member

BL**DY H*LL everybody has an opinion guys,
    Chill out

Wilqaeda
    Free Member

Trust me snap, i havn’t even got started yet 😈 All i was doing was asking, How can we possibly improove the service if the problem isn’t known?

singlespeedstu

I know I’m special anyway. 😉

sc-xc

ask for the small angry hairy chap

Small = Andy
    Angry = Leon
    Hairy = Graham
    Chap = ?

Is this a collective Two Wheels post? 😉

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Anyone fancy a second cuppa?

z1ppy

Oh dear…now I know this won’t make me popular here but….Wilqaeda, I will give you our impression of you, as (imported) locals.
    No idea what the “servicing” is like now, but a while back the repair service my m8 recieved from the shop was appalling.

Case 1: 2 Week wait (fair enuff he knew when he dropped it in), then it wasn’t competed after the 2 weeks, then when it was completed, another part had been broken by the “mechanic”. So another couple of days to fix that – though he was leant a demo bike to see him through
    This m8 will never use you again, and his experience has coloured the views of everyone he rides with.

Not to worry made us all go out and learn how to fix (most) of our own kit.

Case 2: Good friend of mine who regularly buy bikes & high spec kit from you – he gets into the workshop without issue (much of a backlog at the moment? You repaired his bike the other week the day he took it in) and has the parts he wants for a great prices (which is fair play to him).

Now if you could provide a service, like case 2, to everyone – instead of just to the “known” few (which is the impression given by any number of ppl on here), you’d be a even greater shop

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve pointed my m8’s to you on a regular basis for new bikes (and some have even bought from you…) but for repairs, we’ll continue to do them ourselves. I do think the shop has redeeming qualities – hense why I posted your name at the top of this thread

Do I want to discuss this (repairs) issue further?
    No, we’ve learnt from experience – a ‘face to face’ meet would do nothing to improve this, especially as we can do it cheaper and more satisfiyingly ourselve now.

p.s. Though I’ve only given two cases points above (some may say were being picky), there was many more ‘smaller’ experiences that have given rise to our opinions.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Dont fancy another cuppa, think ive made my own mind up now after listening to the conversation…. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Bike shop in / near Stourbridge’ is closed to new replies.