Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Bike shop had my bike for nearly 4 months…
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

Frankly I’d be happy to have an LBS to fling things at on occasion, as it is my nearest is at the other end of the shire.

Unlike the inhabitants of STW, the majority of the public are not mechanics who’d snapped up by a world tour team if they had any sense

Hmm, considering most of the inhitants struggle to set up a front mech I wouldn’t be so sure.

feed

Hmm, considering most of the inhitants struggle to set up a front mech I wouldn’t be so sure.

That’s ’cause most of the Inhabitants no longer have a front mech 🙂

Poopscoop

nickc

stuff like frame bearings and wheel building etc I’ll always take it in, the job will be done correctly and will work…

I’m not anti lbs but having taken a bike to a shop near me about 5 years back to have the pivot bearings changed, it’s what made me decide to do more jobs like that myself.

3 were driven in at such an angle that they shaved alloy off the bearing recesses and sat at an obvious angle in the frame.

Like I said, I’m not anti lbs but I’ve had a couple of bad experiences so now do the lot other than fork services. For some reason I still bottle that job.😁

Basically I’ve just been unlucky with a couple of my lbs choices.

teethgrinder

That’s ’cause most of the Inhabitants no longer have a front mech

That’s because most of them couldn’t set one up.

chiefgrooveguru

When I was dropping my bike off at my LBS to get some bearings changed and the dropper cable replaced (go on, try doing it on a Levo in less than an hour!) the owner said he’s spending 3/4 of his time trying to source stuff.

And that they’d had a mail-order ebike in with a crushed brake hose and they can’t get Code brake hoses (are they specific?) until June!

It’s chaos!

chakaping
    Free Member

But then he’s spent the last year developing a covid vaccine, whilst I’ve been fitting brake cables to rusty Apollos.

But he wouldn’t have been able to get to the lab every day without you keeping his rusty Apollo on the road.

Key worker.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Funniest thread ever, same as “why doesn’t my wife love me”. Awaits the world’s response and then critiques the answers and speaks to wife. Hope the bike (and wife) are all good.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Bike shop had my bike for nearly 4 months…’ is closed to new replies.