Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shop who will box up bike in Guildford area
  • aidensmith
    Free Member

I bought a bike off ebay and thought I’d be able to collect it.  I am based in Scotland was going to be in the area in the next two weeks.  I am unsure whether I will now be going there, and wondered whether anyone knew a shop that would be willing to box a bike up for me?  It would be even more helpful should they collect it from the seller, too.  I’d compensate them for this, naturally.

I found one shop that will box it up and allow the courier to collect it from them, but it is a half hour drive for seller, and he’s refusing to drive that far, which is fair enough.

I’ll likely have to ditch the transaction, and my spidey senses are telling me that it’s for the best, but should anybody have a suggestion on who to phone, then I’ll ask them.

Thank you very much.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Can’t pay the seller to box it? Various services that will deliver a bike box and then collect when ready. e.g. https://cyclesent.co.uk/ . Not cheap though.

Was it a collection only sale?

aidensmith
    Free Member

Hi,

Yes, it was clearly stated that it was collection only.  He is refusing to box it himself, as he is saying he doesn’t have the time.  I thought the best solution was to get a bike shop to box it up, and for the courier to then collect from the bike shop.  He’s saying no that, too.  I’d happily pay the shop to pick the bike up for me, but there are quite a few shops.  I’ll maybe ring around a few on Monday, and see what they have to say.

Thank you very much.

kja78
    Free Member

If you’re willing to trust me, depending on where exactly the bike is, I could collect it and box it for you. However, you’d need to do the legwork sorting a courier and box. I’ll do my best to pack it well but wouldn’t be liable for any damage. I’m on leave all next week so could prob get it done fairly soon. Shoot me a pm if you wanna discuss.

njee20
    Free Member

Do you know exactly where it is? Guildford is one of those places people say when they’re actually 15 miles away, and that’ll make a difference here!

theotherjonv

same as kja78, I’m in Guildford and happy to collect and deliver to a shop if you can find one to box and send for you. Can’t offer to box and post myself though,

njee20
    Free Member

I’m also nearby FWIW, hence my question!

spooky_b329

You might get one of the man with van outfits to collect it without packaging. Shiply.

aidensmith
    Free Member

Hi,

I will message the seller and check whether he’s happy someone else collecting the bike.  I see no reason why he would be, but I’ll ask to be sure.

Thank you for the offers, by the way.  I’ll send you messages this afternoon.

The seller is not based, after checking, in Guildford itself, but 5 miles outside it.

Thank you very much.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shop who will box up bike in Guildford area’ is closed to new replies.