Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike Seat for a 1 year old… any ideas?
  • meesterbond

Looking to get a bike seat for my son but it’ll probably end up going on the back of my wife’s full sus bike (a Pinnacle Aura). I’d got it into my head that the seat would attach via the bike’s rack mounts but I’m not sure this is always the case.

Any recommendations for something that would work / makes to look at / avoid?

transapp
    Free Member

I take mini transapp on Weeride Kangaroo. It goes between the seatpost and headtube so mini site in between your arms. Only downside is that you can’t stop and straddle the crossbar, and you might hve to ride little knees out. Overall it’s a great buy (and not just because it’s the only one that fitted on a giant Anthem!
    Oh, I also got given one that works by clamping round the seatpost tube, with a couple of ‘prongs’ that stick out to fit the seat onto (behind the rider) only they don’t work with top pull front mechs, so I never tried to fit it.

transapp
    Free Member

Oh, and the weeride fits onto other bikes in about 3 mins, which is good for multi bike / rider households

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I use a Bobike Mini+ which mounts via the fork steerer – replacing 20mm of spacers. Great position for the little fella, who seems to like it.

meesterbond

Cheers… I’d not really thought about seats which go in front of the rider. Will go and have look.

alba23
    Free Member

Weeride Kangaroo deluxe is for sale at costco for around £70. We bought the normal version after posting on here. Riding with the seat between your legs is not really a problem as your not going to be doing any thing technical. We swap ours between a Marin East Peak and a Orange Alpine.

boxfish
    Free Member

This one mounts on the steerer too: Safe-T-Seat

Have commuted with my daughter using this for the last 18 months. She loves it.

Bought from Amazon.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Mrs Geordie and I (Ragley Blue Pig and Spesh Sirrus respectively) transport Geordie Junior about in a wee ride kangaroo. I really recommend it, and because we stumped up for an additional clamping mechanism to go on the other bike, it’s a 2 minute job to swap the seat between the two.

Can be a bit hairy when he takes it in to his mind that HE’s steering along the canal towpath back from nursery, but no accidents thus far. I think the ducks have got a surprise more than once though!

palerider
    Free Member

Safe-T-Seat + 1

Says not suitable for off-road but mine is still in one piece after a couple of years of use.

chriswilk
    Free Member

went for a Hamax recliner for mine.
    Can easily recline them when they nodd off.
    Fastens to teh frame with those long springy fork things.
    These give loads of suspension and help smooth out the bumps.
    Done many a mile of rocky off road with the older ones with the wee one asleep and bouncing gently along.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike Seat for a 1 year old… any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.