Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bike rides
  • aleigh
    Free Member

I have a free weekend coming up (7+8 March) and wondered if there were any group rides happening over that weekend that I could tag along to? I’m in the Wiltshire area and am looking to travel within a 100 mile radius.

Thanks.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Hey Aleigh, my mended shock is due back today – – hurray!!!! so I was going to drop you a line anyway. You’re more than welcome to come down here for a pootle that weekend – Sat best for me. Should be able to get a few people to come out, not 50+ though! The terrain is pleasant rather than exhilarating, so if you get more exciting offers, just take your pick. Mail me if you want.

aleigh
    Free Member

Hi there!

Now that sounds like a plan 😀

I’ll email you later this evening as I can’t access my hotmail from work.

And no worries about numbers, just going somewhere different and meeting one or two people is just as great.

cinnamon_girl

Hello ladies! I can only make the Sunday 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

[hijack]Aleigh, where in Wilts do you ride? I’ve been scouting for easy rides for the Mrs, Wiltshire was on my list. Avebury ish. What’s it like? How bad are the climbs?[/hijack]

Anna-B
    Free Member

Hi cg, shame cos it would be great if you came too. Just don’t do your Saturday thing! Or I’ll see if I can be free Sunday, but not 100% sure.
    Aleigh, cool, I like plans for bike rides!

aleigh
    Free Member

molgrips – I haven’t really ridden in Wiltshire 😳 (I’m in Swindon) but I’m sure someone on here will have (where’s MrNutt when you need him, he’s bound to have done a ride there!) I’ve done the Ridgeway once and that’s it 😆 Most of the people I ride with don’t live here you see.

annabananna – I’m around both days so it makes no odds to me. See what you can do and let me know. I’ll email you later anyway 🙂

gusamc
    Free Member

molgrips – start at Barbury Castle (S of Swindon)
    Head w follow RW looping S, take E to Sarsen stones to Rockley (can do RUPP N direct home), or choice to Og-St-Andrew, then N on Rupp (+++) and W on Smeathes Ridge.

Did with my GF – who runs but no techie biking skills.

Beware damp/wet days as lots of chalk surfaces.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Come and see me, and we’ll go out on the town, get proper slaughtered, then wake up on a tube in Amersham, at 7 in the morning…

Proper night out, none of this Reading nonsense.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Aleigh was just gonna say, hope this isn’t instead of your weekend in Blackpool!!! 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

I decided not to go to Blackpool for numerous reasons……apart from the fact I would rather go out on a bike ride with like minded people, I really don’t want to waste my money on alcohol!

Come and see me, and we’ll go out on the town, get proper slaughtered, then wake up on a tube in Amersham, at 7 in the morning…

Proper night out, none of this Reading nonsense.

I could do that on the Saturday night Rudeboy!

cinnamon_girl

Aleigh – you need to sort out rides for both Saturday and Sunday then 😀

I’m sure I can come up with some ideas for the Sunday if there is any interest?

molgrips
    Free Member

Cool route gusamc, thanks 🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

Does anyone fancy going on a ride in Wiltshire on Sunday 8th March? CG is really good at guiding and has said she can get a route together.

If you would like to go please drop me a line to my email address which can be found in my profile.

😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

aleigh, and anyone else interested, this saturday MrsNutt is dusting off her trusty P7 and we’re going to do a slow and easy ride around, dependent on condition(s) we may even make a day of it, that said I can direct folk to more interesting pastures if they want to tag along as there’s a few routes that veer off and then rejoin.

all welcome, non demanding easy ride to get the missis back on the bike after a winter on the blocks 😀

aleigh
    Free Member

i would love to join you but i have my girls this weekend. hope you have a great time and i’ll catch up with you both soon 🙂

cinnamon_girl

MrNutt – sorry but won’t be able to join you. Do hope that MrsNutt has fun and she will be inspired to ride some more trails 😀

Aleigh – how does a ride starting from Stonehenge sound? Does anyone know what the parking charges are like?

aleigh
    Free Member

I haven’t a clue!

cinnamon_girl

The only info I can find out is the admission price on the English Heritage website.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bike rides’ is closed to new replies.