• This topic has 40 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Bike respray done( On its 4th colour) ready to ride!!!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Just finished bleeding the brakes after the rebuild,waiting for the weather to clear up a tad before I venture out.
    Not as fast looking as the last colour but I like :-).
    Comments yay or Nay I have thick skin!

Oh and its a Sunn Enduro btw need someone to do some decals! anyone out there capable?
    Rich

ojom
    Free Member

Looks great. Good colour.

radoggair
    Free Member

lovely colour.

Would go for some 'straight' legged rigid forks though, maybe a less bulbous tyre, maybe a 2.1 ralph and some shorter crank arm lengths (and some gears),a flite saddle ( and in the last pic your saddle doesn't look in line ) but apart from that looks sweeeeeett as mutha

tazzymtb

that's a lovely shade of smurf you have there. It looks top banana but you know within a couple of weeks of riding on the chase in winter it'll look like this

clunker

Very very nice 8) did someone local to you respray? as I want to get my deluxe done.

For decals I always use Gil http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk/

Houns

Same as before isn't it?!

speaker2animals

Very nice colour, definitely a colour I would go for. As said above where did you get the job done? Is it sprayed enamel or powder? What is the colour, name or ref. number?

postierich
    Free Member

Same as before isn't it?!
    1st
    2nd
    3rd 😉

Argos cycles enamel not sure of the number but not cheap but very good finish and they managed to get out a very stuck seatpost!!

Stop **** raining please!!!!

Houns

Ooh i never saw the 3rd incarnation

mountainposture

Lovely! Really like that

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nice. Very nice.

Love baby blue bikes. Reminds me of my "that blue" onone. 😀

rOcKeTdOg

looks a bit Singular blue to me

Drac

Yup reminds me of Singular colour scheme, I'm not keen on baby blue but that's just personal preference. Looks a good paint job though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

plain. Sloping top tubes need straight forks!

oxym0r0n

Looks like [ahem] Peugeot Light Blue to me [edit, no side-by-side yours look lighter – phew]

Lovely finish, but best get some 'copter tape on there quick if you don't want it to chip 😯

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Looks good.

Argos do some nice jobs but their paint is flimsy and after a month of riding my frame needed a respray!
    Bought a compressor and did a better job myself.

singlespeedstu

Still looks shite.

You should buy a new one instead of keep trying to polish a turd.

FFS it's not even got any gears or anyfink.

U31
    Free Member

Very very sexy looking bike, one day i'm gonna MTFU and get the patriot resprayed some lairy colour!

ashfanman
    Free Member

Yay – definitely. The nicest colour of the four, I reckon. Nicely finished too.

juiced
    Free Member

is that really an enduro? Presumably you've had mounts and cable guides brazed on. I've got a 99 one and have had a disk mount added too. Aren't they great frames. Really ride well.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Nice.
    Looked good in the silver too

juiced
    Free Member

looks real nice 😀
    although I like second and third too.

shinsplints

Really nice Rich BUT you've missed the gears off. How do you get on with the Oury grips ? Was thinking of getting some.
    Si.

Lactic
    Free Member

I see the ba$tard postman has littered you garden with elastic bands as well….

oldgit
    Free Member

Looks good,that blue suits bikes my 853 got lots of comments, that ran all silver kit and acc's.
    I prefer it to the dark blue, though that always stood out at events.

sc-xc

That's lovely Rich. You're slowly working your way down the colour chart to get the girly mighty turquoise 8) 😕

postierich
    Free Member

Barry thats LUSH!!!!

I see the ba$tard postman has littered you garden with elastic bands as well….
    24 posts and somebody finally spots the bio-degradable laggy bands!
    Si the Ourys are ok not as soft as the non lock on ones though.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Flatter bars, that up sweep looks painful to me

showerman
    Free Member

you running tubeless tyres on those rims :

ken_shields
    Free Member

Rich…that's v nice….very clean and simple looking

stevestunts
    Free Member

So glad you posted this – I'm thinking of sending my old Kona to Argos for a respray in what I think is the same colour. Pastel Blue (number 32) by any chance? Looks absolutely great.

How long did they take to do the job?

fingerbike
    Free Member

Just got my old kona back from the powdercoaters, it's in walkers cheese and onion blue… stop copying me!

james
    Free Member

2.2" Rubber queens on a C2 braked/rigid forked HT? (IMO of course) I can't see very many people getting anywhere near the most out of those, only needlessly slowed down by them?

I'd imagine (and no I've not ridden either) something like 2.4" Ralphs ought to suit better?

postierich
    Free Member

2.2" Rubber queens on a C2 braked/rigid forked HT? (IMO of course) I can't see very many people getting anywhere near the most out of those, only needlessly slowed down by them?

How strange you know how my local trails ride like!!!
    Looking for a 2.4 upfront no chance of getting one in the back.

Steve stunts 4 weeks for the Argos job!

Showerman they are UST rims

Dirtynap bars have been realigned

flange
    Free Member

This is without question THE nicest looking bike on the forum. Every incarnation of it has looked awesome but this is easily the nicest.

Good work sir

clubber
    Free Member

Yay for it, except that horrible ugly saddle which just clashes. shame really 🙁

Same colour as my Kilauea by the looks of it (which is quite different from Singular blue FWIW)

hora
    Free Member

My 456 is also pantone turkish blue. Very nice.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Is the steerer bent on those forks clubber?

RealMan
    Free Member

mmmm.. rubber queens..

clubber
    Free Member

KT – no but you're right, it does look like they were in that pic (no longer have them)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Bike respray done( On its 4th colour) ready to ride!!!’ is closed to new replies.