• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cf.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bike related iPhone/Android apps – any good ones?
  • StefMcDef
    Free Member

Took delivery of an iPhone 4 this weekend. Great piece of kit. Currently discovering the joys of the App store.

Click, the technology programme on the BBC News channel, recommended Bike Hub website’s app

I had Viewranger on my old samsung symbian phone which was OK when it worked but without the most user-friendly interface and installed on a bug-ridden phone with poor battery life.

Anyone come across any good cycling related phone apps?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Endomondo

CraigW
    Free Member

There’s a Cyclestreets app for the iphone. Good for planning nice routes for cycling. http://www.cyclestreets.net/mobile/

sofaking
    Free Member

Endomondo is v good

gcaster
    Free Member

Not bike specific but I find MotionX GPS is great for following/tracking both road and mtb journeys.

Seamus
    Free Member

I’ve found My Tracks to be excellent on Android

chrisdb
    Free Member

jailbreak it. trim out the crap and add some quality apps.

flebby
    Free Member

Endomondo dude! Use it for off road and on road riding and running.

pastcaring
    Free Member

os map has been pretty useful.

yodagoat
    Free Member

I use sportstracker on my nokia e72 its pretty good, i dunno if you can get it on the ayefone.
    http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/yodagoat/85cj4dusdedosrgl

Kato

Outfront its the Map my tracks thing

trail_rat
    Free Member

endomondo pisses over sportstracks – its user interface is sooooo much better

ive just gone from e71 to iphone – was under the impression the e71 did all i wanted – yes it did it but it did it in a super clunky way – the iphone is just so simple to use – yet so complex at what it does at the same time

carltonreid
    Free Member

BBC’s Click showed the ‘old’ app, ie journey planner and bike shop finder.

New app is now a voice&vibrate satnav, which can route on bike paths and bridleways.

Actually, the BBC Click story and the app update both came out Saturday. Tech moves fast.

Bike Hub app is paid for by the Bike Hub industry levy so tis free.

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bike-hub-cycle-journey-planner/id391782662?mt=8

yodagoat
    Free Member

trail rat, I’ll give endomondo a try.

hainman
    Free Member

i use sportypal,its a great app,

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Tried cycle watch, motion-x, 1st free and endomondo on iPhone plus sports tracker on my n95.
    Sports tracker is the most comprehensive I found. ESP if you use the site to store and download your logs.
    Cycle watch is currently my fav on the iPhone but will give endomondo a run out later to see how it works for me

MSP

Peaks

its an app that uses the camera, and gps, to name all the hills mountains around you as you view them on the screen, really cool to impress your mates.

jp-t853

+1 for My Tracks on Android

cf
    Free Member

+2 for My Tracks… Great app, use it every time!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bike related iPhone/Android apps – any good ones?’ is closed to new replies.