Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike rack for flat
  • spoon
    Free Member

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to store my DH bike in the flat..

I was thinking of wall mounting by the front wheel to save space… essentially a cheapish bolt on hook !

Or should i get some fancy ceiling-floor rack type thing

thanks.

Olly
    Free Member

under all your washing (as it dries)
    we live in a v pokey flat above a shop, and between me and grillfiend, have…. 7 bikes and 2 more frames knocking around
    they just have parkins spaces around the flat, commuters in the hall ready to go, MTBs in the living room, in assigned parking spaces 🙂

spoon
    Free Member

If it was just me it would just sit in the hall covered in mud, but my flat mates can’t appreciate it as a bit of art so its in my tiny cell, I mean room. Actually have 2 bikes to sort out so need the best space saving idea.

Albanach
    Free Member

Had two bikes hanging off the ceiling pulley type bike rack in a flat and was well impressed with them. If you haven’t got high ceilings then maybe this type of rack could be used to hook on to the frame as opposed to the handlebars and the ceiling. This way you could take the pedals off and the bike could be flat to the ceiling. Gogmy pulley cycle rack from TK Maxx and Gear Bikes Glasgow.

spoon
    Free Member

Oh yeah and its a stupidly heavy DH bike, 39.4lbs 🙂 so lifting it 5 ft into the air doesn’t fill me with too much joy.

Whats best flat against the wall or up by the front wheel, bearing in mind the handlebars ar 800mm wide 🙂

Should just get a stupid fixie with 4″ bars.

Swalsey
    Free Member

Topeak floor to ceiling here – very good.

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Similar issue with 3 bikes, the wife and I have reasonable weight FSR’s and a light weight 1×9. Had a look at the floor / ceiling ideas and already had similar in an Ikea set up. Basically two telescopic poles that extend to the ceiling then clamps that go round with a variety of hooks etc. Think light weight scaffolding. Called Stolmen range from memory

Have it set so the light bike goes up high, wifes in the centre and mine at ground height, Taking off the front wheels means they can be stacked with handle bars not jutting into room. Two poles, hook for back wheel on one, two hooks on other for stem / handles.

Alo has a set of drawers that fit into the system which holds all the spares, tools and associated clutter.

dustypumpkins

Got one leaning against the side of the couch and one leaning against a storage unit on top of some newspaper to catch the drips 😀 and all the associated things that go with mtbing. I have more bike shoes than non-bike shoes…
    Flatmate doesn’t have a choice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike rack for flat’ is closed to new replies.