Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike pump mount solution
  • cyclocrossharry
    Free Member

I’m looking for a secure strap for mounting a bike pump to the frame.
    Something like a velcro strap would be ideal, but I’m not sure it would hold.

Anyone got any ideas please?

martinhutch

Two velcro straps?

Did it come with a bottle cage mount? This plus another velcro strap is my current solution – bombproof.

Aidy
    Free Member

Something like: http://thetorchsite.co.uk/Twofish_Cycleblock_Flashlight_Bike_Mount.html ?

There’s a variety of similar products, at varying prices from various places.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Twofish universal pump holder.

Or just figure out what topeak or lezyne pump is closest to your pumps diameter and get their bottle cage mount.

Or get a full size frame pump that wedges under the top tube.

Or if you’re feeling ingenious get a toe strap, feed it under the bottle cage, arround the pump, back under the cage, arround something else (tubeless repair tool, or just a bit of dowel?) And do it up, needs two straps to make it secure but zero cost if you have some lying arround.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I use four slices of old innertube,looped together in pairs to reach around frame -works a treat-nice and quiet too……and free.

oldnpastit

Jersey pocket?

kayak23

cyclocrossharry
    Free Member

I didn’t get a bottle cable mount. I’m thinking of just securing it onto the bike directly. Voile straps look effective but I’d prefer white coloured straps, maybe a belt cable tie might work in the same way? My bike is silver and white and the pump is white, so I’d like white or pale grey straps.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Electrical tape.

whitestone
    Free Member

What @kayak23 posted x 1000.

Strapping directly to the frame can work but it’s a lot of faff to get right and not to have the pump rub the frame.

impatientbull
    cyclocrossharry
    Free Member

I got some belt cable tiesin the end. They seem to hold the pump well without any rattling so far. They don’t look the best but they are ideal for me for long rides with the family.

FOG

My bike has no bottle cage mounts to attach a pump clip but Decathlon sell a pair of Velcro straps along with little plastic blocks for 3 or 4 quid . You can mount the pump wherever you have space and the Velcro goes round the pump as well as the mounting blocks so it doesn’t whizz off into space on rocky descents

schwaa

Scaffolding bungees

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike pump mount solution’ is closed to new replies.