Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike Protection in van? Bought / made solutions?
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

What do people use to protect bikes in transit in a van? I’m looking for a good solution for three CX bikes when racing.

I’ve seen a couple of padded options from Polaris and Evoc, but not keen.

This looks amazing, but pricey… https://www.fassa.cc/products/the-defender

Anything else out there for sale, or ideas for home-brewed options? I know cardboard works, but it’s not exactly long-lived 🙂

Ta

Tracey

We had four made a couple of years ago by a sail firm on the south coast to put ours in the garage of our camper. Took us a while and a bit of help to locate the company after seeing the bags in the Specialized demo van. Will try and find the details for you

Tracey

RB Sails

dienamic

I use a few of those padded picnic blankets

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Old carpet.

701arvn
    Free Member

Dog beds from JTF, basically a piece of foam with a material cover – about £3 each if I remember correctly.

They are not very big, but we bought a few and just slide them between the bikes and the bikes and the van.

Tracey

vdubber67
    Free Member

Lots of food for thought – cheers. Love your solution there Tracey!

BigJohn

I just tried to post a picture of easy props, but something went wrong.

Anyway, they are extendable plasterboard support poles which I put up against the bike(s) going from floor to roof and then stick old towels etc. between the bikes.  I also use them to form a partition when carrying windsurfers, so I have one side of the van free to sit & change.

Cheap at B&Q, Screwfix and the like.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike Protection in van? Bought / made solutions?’ is closed to new replies.