• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by momo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike perfection
  • matther01
    Free Member

How long has it taken you to perfect your bike to your liking…upgrades, fit etc?

Was it perfect out of the box or taken several months/years?

And most importantly when do you know when to stop ‘perfecting’?!

Discuss 🙂

slackalice
    Free Member

Isn’t it all about the process, rather than the destination? 😉

Bregante

Just when my bikes reach perfection, someone goes and changes the definition.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

10 years and there are still things I would change cost permitting. Several frames built and rebuilt in that time.

Just about, although there are probably still things I’d change. After 6 years, it’s as close to being perfect as anything I’ve ridden.

Still have a steel Kona that’s never been quite right in 17 years

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oe4FHp]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Candodavid
    Free Member

Several bikes, built in different ways for different styles of riding, each is as I want.

njee20
    Free Member

Moveable feast, there is no ‘finished’!

stugus
    Free Member

+1 njee20

There’s always something 🙂

z1ppy

Test rode what had been my most favourite bike in the world yesterday, but after a year on 29er wheels (different bike that’s great but I don’t love it like my old bike), no matter how well the old girl rides, it’s not right to me anymore. She gunna be sold soon

..So really Njee +2

chakaping
    Free Member

It was an alarmingly quick process ogetting my 29er HT ‘right’.

Could maybe go a bit less beefy with the tyres now it’s summer, but I’m just putting together a spare set of wheels to take care of that anyway.

coogan
    Free Member

After getting my first all new bike in 6 six years of chopping and changing bikes, can’t say there’e anything I want to change to on it.

mamadirt
    Free Member

As already said, it’s a rolling project and for me that’s part of the appeal. Trying out different tyres, frames, bar widths, fork travel, etc – it’s a never-ending process and I love it . . . I do have a very active eBay account 😉

Rscott
    Free Member

10 years then I wasn’t bothered about upgrading anything as it just worked. Then I had shoulder surgery and it was irritating so had to start over.

cookeaa

Moveable feast, there is no ‘finished’!

+1

Although a couple of my bikes are quite close to something like a “Finished” state, mostly the simple ones (fixies, single speeds and basic HTs must be a bit easier to “finish” IMO), the more bells and whistles a bike already has, the more scope there seems to be for “upgrading”…

That said all my bikes are run on a relative shoestring budget and actually “Perfecting” any of them would cost more financially and time wise than its really worth…

“Rideable” is about the best state for any bike to be in, would you even want to ride a “Perfect” bike?

momo

My bikes are in a state of constant evolution, there’s always something new to try!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike perfection’ is closed to new replies.