Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bike Pedal Wall Hangers
  • woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Debating get some pedal wall brackets. Any recommendations?

I had a look at the DaHanger ones but at €65 including the postage they seem a bit steep for the garage.

Ideally I want to end up with 2 bikes on the wall with space underneath for one on the ground.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

A bit steep for a fancy hook. What about a baton of wood for the tyres to sit on and a cheap screw in hook for the top tube, or seat tube or something? Alot cheaper and will do the job just as well.

martymac

Or a nail with a loop of rope hanging from it.

weeksy

eBay has them for £12 or so.

eskay

Got this from ebay (not the bike!):

jim25

I use one of them. Hangs up high in the garage. Hasn’t Fallen down, pretty perfect for the money really

joshvegas
    Free Member

Great things, the red ones folded out of a sheet of steel are totally fine. cost about a fiver

londoncommuter
    Free Member

That looks great. How high are your ceilings though to get three bikes in? How have you not got filthy marks up all up the nice white walls and do they not need something for the wheels to rest on?

londoncommuter
    Free Member

Sorry, another question. Do you not have a problem with the bikes not staying level without the wheel supports?

Anyone used these Cycloc ones? Big price premium but look quite smart:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycloc-super-hero-wall-mounted-bike-holder/

slowoldman

How have you not got filthy marks up all up the nice white walls

Don’t be silly these are an art installation. His riding bikes are in the garage.

onewheelgood

I’ve got 4 bikes on the garage wall using the red ones – £4.95 from Halfords, I think. I found I needed supports for the front wheels only, a 6″ piece of wood screwed to the wall works fine, it doesn’t take any real weight.
    Edit: they’ve gone up, now £6.99. https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=242557&productId=933697&storeId=10001
    Still a fair bit cheaper than Steadyracks, which was the other option I was looking at.

mark88

I bought a Cycloc mount a while back but didn’t use it in the end, so happy to sell it. Drop me a message if you’re interested.

drewd

I’ve got the Halfords ones. They do flex a little, but hold the bike securely enough.

I’ve got a baton to rest the wheels on for one bike, but not the other. The baton helps to stabilise the bike, but doesn’t really take any real weight.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its my old rented flat…. Edinburgh for the high ceiling win 12feet maybe?.

I had to clean the bikes to get them in. Althoguh my cutting about town manky fixed gear is behind me in that photo.

The walls were far from white in reality.

Generally speaking they stayed put with friction alone but occasionally the road bike with latex tubes would deflate enough for the fron wheel to drop with knock on consequences down the stack. this would be less likely on a grippier surface.

The problem with wheel supports is you are then setting the hook to one single bike and taht would be a ball ache one would be okay thoguh (front wheel was always the one to drop especially the mountainbike. one important thing is bar widths, I got a bit of overlap but nay wider and there is potential for the bars to end up in the wheels.

Re the cycloc one… don’t be daft. 7quid is the max the system is worth… its either hidden or exposed but you are riding your bike so won’t care. ITs much better than a rope hook system, as it doesn’t really require two hands for anything other than the lifting. It protrudes about the same as the bike handign fromt he top tube on a hook but you can get more in witht he wheel overlap.

the bike is resting on the most work part of the bike so less likely to damage paintwork etc.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’ve got 4 bikes on the garage wall using the red ones – £4.95 from Halfords

My TT bike lives on the wall in the spare room on one of these…..

its bending – my TT bikes not that heavy.

plus one on really needing a wheel support – just the sligtest knock has it moving one way or the other without something to stop the wheel moving.

5/10 needs work. wouldnt buy again.

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

My dad has just told me he has loads of 3 mm steel sheet. I think I might be getting the angle grinder and a big hammar out…..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bike Pedal Wall Hangers’ is closed to new replies.