Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike Park Wales tomorrow
  • nacho
    Free Member

Hi all, we are off to try Bike Park Wales tomorrow, uplift is full so gotta climb up!
    One question – do you have to do the (4.6Km?) climb to ride any/every trail? I am going to be knackered! And wet methinks…

cubemeup
    Free Member

you can session the top section or just climb the fire road. £4 a lift u might be able to tag on a few

patriotpro
    Free Member

we are off to try Bike Park Wales tomorrow

:mrgreen:

vinnyeh

Most people seem to just ride up the access road, rather than the climb, though not many seem to bother making the journey all the way up though.
    Was there yesterday, and the difference in speed and ridability between the first (dry) run, and the later wet ones was immense, especially in the trees.
    Spoke to several different people on single ride uplift tickets, so might be worthwhile buying a couple and using the van if the climb seems a bit daunting.

acjim
    Free Member

Lucky you, it’s great!

we went yesterday without uplift passes and got on 4 lifts, one after the other – no worries! – just take a pocket full of quid coins!

nacho
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks gents. Really looking forward to it, even more if I don’t have to do the climb several times. Hopefully the rain might put a few people off!

acjim
    Free Member

That’s exactly what happened yesterday, pretty miserable day (although tracks ran fine) so lazy types stayed in bed!

Decent coffee too!

themilo
    Free Member

Enjoy. Oh, and IMO the gradings are insane. The 2 Blues from the top are easily more tech and faster than the black from the top at Cwmcarn for example. They’re brilliant but blues? I pushed/rode up twice – Fire road the second time. Uplift day on the cards for my birthday!

nacho
    Free Member

Well, BPW was fantastic, had a great day BUT as a PSA they don’t do the uplift on Tuesday or Wednesday 😥 Apparently they are considering changing it if there is demand.
    We were very tired and very wet at the end of a great day, personal favourites were the “willy wobbler” / “rim dinger” descent and “enter the dragon” although I did have to leave a few of the drops on enter the dragon – too big for me, maybe if I sessioned it a few times I might get a big braver!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.