Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike Park Wales – to bother or not?
  • ste1284
    Free Member

Hi all.

Does anybody know what the conditions are like over at bike park wales?

Myself and a few mates are booked in for Friday and Saturday, both days with uplift. Problem is it a 3 hour drive and we are stopping over night in a B&B.

Just trying to decide if it’s worth the trip or not with with weather being so gash!!

Cheers

Steve

clubber
    Free Member

Friends were there this weekend and said it was great. It’s wet but just messy rather than boggy or anything – basically classic weather-proof trailcentre.

sideshow
    Free Member

I agree with you about 50%. BPW’s advantage is it has a mix of natural and minidigger style trail. The natural ones (particularly Dai Hard) were pretty messy after the rain on Saturday. Very sandy sandstone mud as well – I vowed never to take my poor full susser there again in such conditions! You’ll have bucketloads of fun though so long as you’re happy destroying your seals and frame bearings 🙂 The more constructed trails will be fine of course.

clubber
    Free Member

Ah, they didn’t mention that 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

Yes. FWIW I found a HT fine on the reds and blues.

sideshow
    Free Member

FWIW I found a HT fine on the reds and blues

Yup.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

don’t bother going I’ll have your uplift passes 😉

C’mon where ever you go this weekend is going to be messy. Surely the best place to be is on the uplift at a bikepark?? It’s great fun there loads of combinations to do, even the blues and reds which are gravel based are holding their own and awesome at speed.

Look forward to it, get wet and mucky and enjoy a cuppa and a warm by the fire in the cafe.

Enjoy your weekend and if you do decide not to go email me and I know plenty of locals who’ll have your passes

ste1284
    Free Member

So would you say that most, if not all trails will still be ok to ride even is the weather stays the same?

Or at worst they close the trails!?

creamegg
    Free Member

it’s just a bit of rain!!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Sure there is some slippy slidy on some of the reds as they are more like natural trails but that’s part of the fun, I don’t know the policy on closing the trails but we laid down so much gravel on some trails they’ll never move.

I doubt they’ll shut any trails as you’d be just help make them more technical which is what people want – right??

lungman

Rode there this Sunday, all the trails rode well the only exception was dai hard which was sooooo muddy but still fun. The blues are well surfaced so on probs on them. The reds get a little boggy in places but are fantastic and grippy. The blacks are more natural so are in worse condition but still very rideable. We had a great time will go back again. The up lift is well run the only downside was the bike wash ran out of water!! And remenber the cafe shuts quite early.

Rosss
    Free Member

Rode there on Saturday and the condition were pretty poor, the reds and blues held up really well with loads of grips though

mattjg
    Free Member

I was there weekend before last in a downpour, with no uplift. It was fine in the rain (well the blues and reds, I didn’t ride black), and I didn’t mind riding up as I was keeping warm while the uplifters were getting cold standing waiting in the rain. (Use the singletrack to climb as it’s in the trees so more sheltered, except for the last 1/2 mile).

There’ll be some sliding about and the odd wet root, nothing to discourage a proper British MTBer!

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Bonneyville, rock n roll, half cut and Dai hard are cut up and super muddy; having said that they are still great fun to ride just get off the brakes and have fun!
    It’s mountain biking after all and so refreshing not to have every trail at BPW groomed and made into generic trail centre fayre
    Can’t believe you would consider not travelling due to rain? Again as already mentioned plenty of locals to snap up your passes if needed 😉

hambl90
    Free Member

Been riding there today , mixture of riding up and uplift and had a brilliant days riding even though it was pouring down for most of it . Go and enjoy .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales – to bother or not?’ is closed to new replies.