Bike Park Wales is go!

Home Forum Bike Forum Bike Park Wales is go!

Viewing 45 posts - 91 through 135 (of 207 total)
  • Bike Park Wales is go!
  • greeble

johnboosh12

I was hoping for DH trails and a new big, fun, fast XC loop like you get at most trail centres these days.

thats exaclty what they’ve built!

joshbosh12

thats exaclty what they’ve built!

Sorry, where is the “new big, fun, fast XC loop”

grum

Typical STW – they build a great big bike park and someone moans that it’s not got enough XC trails.

joshbosh12

Typical STW – they build a great big bike park and someone moans that it’s not got enough XC trails.

I’m sorry if I in particular am coming off as “moaning”. That was not my intention.

therag

There is a xc loop! Almost all single track climb starts from the visitor centre and ends at the top, only difference to most t.c is you have a choice of 6 trails to come down instead of 1

core

I think people are getting confused (perhaps me included), but they’re not selling it themselves as a purely DH venue, the post above comparing blue runs at DH centres to blacks at most trail centres seems a bit wide of the mark for Bike Park Wales because that really doesn’t sound like what they’ve built.

Yes all of the routes are descents, but not DH courses from what I can tell.

Premier Icon cloudnine
    Subscriber

Is there any footage of the runs yet?

grum

core – this is the description for the blue trails.

ยท Blue grade bikepark trails are suitable for: Intermediate mountain bikers.

ยท Bike required: Functional good quality well maintained mountain bike. Mid to long travel suspension bike recommended.

Doesn’t sound like the description for most blue XC trails.

wrecker

Perhaps core is right (I haven’t seen the trails) but the name “bike park” suggests DH graded trails to me (like antur). For eexample the blacks at blaengarw and afan are a fair bit easier than the red at antur. All rideable for mortals though.
    We’ll have to wait and see. Exciting.
    Edit; if they do grade them like trail centres, it’ll be a bit of a laughing stock to visiting euros, Canadians etc.

core

Only one way to find out!

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Grading’s always up and down, glentress blue is harder than some reds, nevis red is harder than most blacks, and so on. But it does seem like BPW have pitched theirs a little higher.

Premier Icon Lummox
    Subscriber

I only ride park

Just seen this ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m looking to book up for a days uplift soon

LoCo

I only ride park

๐Ÿ˜†

therag

Parts of the blue will remind of you of fods verderers trail but longer, the reds slightly steeper & narrower with some drops & jumps. The blacks will have a couple of 20-30ft table tops, bigger drop offs, & huge gap jumps. Beginner or pro you are going to love it!

gaz552

Looking forward to taking a trip out there to see what the place is like.

Hopefully once some people have been we’ll get some good footage of what the trails are like.

b45her

Gareth this is singletrack world mate, a lot of folk here have a very different view to us as to what mountain biking is, there is a link to the taff trail from the visitor center i believe they can shred the gnarr on their rigid 29ers there lol.

deviant

there is a link to the taff trail from the visitor center i believe they can shred the gnarr on their rigid 29ers there lol.

Classic, a perfect description of some of the planks on here!

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Classic STW really, remember this, Antur Stiniog the wheelchair access path :mrgreen:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/blaenau-ffestiniog-new-downhill-tracks-architrail

therag
    therag

Another hectic week at BikePark Wales. Things are really coming together now and it's looking awesome!! Less than a…

Posted by BikePark Wales on Friday, 26 July 2013

therag

1st video add

_tom_

Looking awesome! Is this close enough to Revolution bike park to make a weekend of it and ride both?

therag

Tom, rev is north Wales, bpw is south.
    Have a weekend at both ๐Ÿ™‚

Will hit this in the autumn when the natural trails get poo. Am ok with riding up if I forget to book uplift. Those burg tech trailers are ace BTW. ยฃ5 is nothing for what they have built. Don’t like it? then ride over the beacons or at Aran for free or the cost of parking.

Premier Icon Bushwacked
    Subscriber

therag – won’t work on my youtube, say’s it’s private?

Really like the look of that, will definately make a trip across at some point!

therag

Yeah, think its been removed, it worked last night.

_tom_

Tom, rev is north Wales, bpw is south.
    Have a weekend at both

Ah yeah just had a look, not close at all! Weekend at both sounds like a plan ๐Ÿ˜€

gwaelod

where does the Taff Trail link to it then….potentially this is rideable from my house.

grum

Video is working for me. Looking good…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ4rO2WdVRY&sns=em[/video]

teenrat

It think its great, as less people will travel further down the M4 to the places i ride!

greeble

people have been riding the park early and strava’ing it too!!!

gwaelod

where does the Taff Trail link to it then….potentially this is rideable from my house.

ride up the taff trail to here
    http://goo.gl/maps/XmLGF
    as you go under the flyover turn left and up the footpath it goes up alongside the a470 then under the a470 you then go back on yourself. this will take you to the entrance to gethin. you can see it on the map link

LoCo

Yes, people have been pulling the netting off trails and riding them, which is messing up the bedding in process and damaging the trails, Tools.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Dicks… (I won’t defend it, but a few times I’ve caught folks on closed trails that I’ve been working on and gave them the riot act, sometimes they genuinely are just dicks but generally they just don’t know they’re doing any harm… They think “the trail’s finished but just awaiting official opening” or “it’s just health and safety” or whatever.

So, I reckon signs that don’t just say “trail closed” but “trail still weathering, please be patient, it looks finished but it’s not ready to ride- wait til it comes out the oven” or something might help stop some of those guys.

And for everyone else, pit traps.

LoCo

The trails were covered in netting though, so they’ve gone to a fair bit of effort to put them off, took one of the trail guys a day to replace it all to give you an idea of how much had been moved.

https://www.facebook.com/BikeParkWales?hc_location=timeline

greeble

The names of some of the riders are on strava. One of the names is a bikepark employee who rode it to make the segment to catch others riding the same segment.
    You can even see the whole ride they did and follow them home. There are even comments asking how the ride at the bike park went etc etc

LoCo

๐Ÿ˜† Dullards ๐Ÿ˜†

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

LoCo – Member

The trails were covered in netting though,

Pit traps.

wrecker

The trails were covered in netting though, so they’ve gone to a fair bit of effort to put them off, took one of the trail guys a day to replace it all to give you an idea of how much had been moved.

WTF? What kind of disrespectful bellends would do that?

greeble

WTF? What kind of disrespectful bellends would do that?

check strava ๐Ÿ˜‰

greeble

here’s one of them

deviant

….couple of planks right there!

greeble

another offender

and

mrlebowski

You do wonder why people do it…

ITS BLOODY SELFISH!!!

Viewing 45 posts - 91 through 135 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales is go!’ is closed to new replies.