Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • bike packing.
  • chrissyharding
    Free Member

Any folks bike packed Glenfinnan to Kinlochourn? I am thinking of doing it next weekend.

stumpy01

I haven’t….but it might be worth re-posting with bikepacking as one word in the title and putting the from-to destinations in too.

I assumed this was gonna be a question about how to pack a bike before sticking it on a plane….
    People who have done the ride might not be bothering with looking at this thread…..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s called “touring”. HTH.

😉

boxelder

Try bearbones

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Aha, Bike packing and bikepacking are different.
    I need to sort my lingo.
    Thanks everybody. HTH has bamboozled me though.

chrissyharding
    Free Member

I will try rephrasing,adding correct terminology.

scotroutes

Assuming you mean via Glen Dessary, Sourlies and Inverie? I’ve walked it all and often considered whether or not it would be worth trying with a bike. I reckon it would be more hike than bike, so I’ve ruled it out.

GavinB

I’ve found that loads of cardboard, bubble wrap and pipe lagging is best. Oh, and a great big box.

zinaru
    Free Member

i not biked there but walked and kayaked most of the area. sections are definitely bike-able but loads of sections are hike only (the rough bounds of Knoydart no less). its a truly amazing part of the world though and in good weather you’d be hard pushed to find anywhere more stunning (or midge infested).

Hide your bike and head up Ladhar Bheinn, Luinne Bheinn or Sgurr na Ciche if you get a chance.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s called “touring”. HTH.

A man after my own heart.

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Ask a silly question……….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘bike packing.’ is closed to new replies.