Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • bike love at bespoked Bristol?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Some lovely bikes and great people to chat to, anyone else take pictures?

Brian Rourke bike love by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

thepodge
    Free Member

I went last year, it was good but far too much retro road stuff for me to make it yearly

wrecker
    Free Member

I agree with lodge. Wouldn’t pay to go again, but I’m sure hipsters/roadies love it.

Stoner
    Free Member

V chuffed to get a chance to chat with Cliff Poulton (Royce) and Matt Starey (Middleburn). And got to say hello to Rob Penn, he of ”Tales from The Wood” fame which made my night!

very few MTBs there, although Matt from 18bikes had a Pinion on his stand. Not as much variation as last year – lots and lots of hipster transporters. Aesthetically perfectly pleasant but a bit samey and predictable. Still an enjoyable few hours looking at bike (s’all good) and polished off with silly amounts of IPA in the company of some fine STWers.

flashes
    Free Member

Very different feel this year. Lots of Cyclocross but nothing (except the Paul Components stand) I’d run off with………

2orangey4crows

I would have happily run off with any of the Indy Fabs, Moots or Faggin bikes!

Agree the majority was hipster niche, but some really interesting stuff mixed in.

rOcKeTdOg

i think i saw 3 26″ bikes, all the rest were 29ers, the wildcat gear stuff on the two bikepaking bikes looked like quality gear, lots of Ti in the mtb dept too, the Shand off roader was my favourite bike. Yried a jacket on that was 1300 euros!!, fitted perfectly 🙁
    favourite head badges

brack
    Free Member

Just back..

Went with Mrs Brack..and our thoughts in the car on the way back echo the above thoughts of others..I honestly expected to find a bike that I may think of buying..well I really didn’t see any road bikes that entirely floated my boat.

The faggins stand was lovely, as was the Shand and Demon but nothing that saw me reach for my credit card.

Fantatsic though !

wrecker
    Free Member

That dagger is the wrong way up….

thepodge
    Free Member

18 with a pinion, oh crikey, that could get my wallet into some trouble

scottyroyal
    Free Member

My fave bike – mainly because its the kind of bike id build my self if i had the skils

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

^^That’s lovely!^^

(Needs a forward facing seat clamp for me, though)

scottyroyal
    Free Member

Some 29ers

scottyroyal
    Free Member

coolest colour scheme

scottyroyal
    Free Member

For whats its worth I was expectng to see loads of fixie/hipster crap but it was totaly the oposite, lots of cool MTB and CX stuff and some nice road stuff too, tempted to go back tomorrow

scottyroyal
    Free Member

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I had a great time. Shame it was so busy, but still got to see al sorts.

Met Paul of Paul components and got a few goodies. Nice bloke and countless other people.

The bikes on 18bikes stand where really nice, but I am biased.

Shand’s bikes like above where stunning.

I also really liked the Rouke “Isobele” girls bike.

Good day all in.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I had a great time. Shame it was so busy, but still got to see al sorts.

Met Paul of Paul components and got a few goodies. Nice bloke and countless other people.

The bikes on 18bikes stand where really nice, but I am biased.

Shand’s bikes like above where stunning.

I also really liked the Rouke “Isobele” girls bike.

Good day all in.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Quarryman is nice but displaing a bike with chain on inner ring and all those headset spacers! The devils in the detail.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Anyone have a look at Donkey Label clothing? I’ve ordered some stuff from them from the US and their jerseys look very nice too. Great service from Paul too.

Nipper99
    Free Member

First time at this show today and thought it was great all round apart from alot of middle aged men seemingly wearing their wifes/daughters jeans. Some nice monster cross / heavy duty touring type bikes from Shand, Hewitt and someone else whose name escapes me (but nice all the same) – also like the Hobo Bicyles ‘Tracker’ as it reminded me of the bikes I used to ride as a nipper. Pics below.

Hewi
    Bristol 001 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickrtt

Shand

Bristol 003 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

Can’t remember

Bristol 002 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

Hobo

Bristol 007 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

coolest colour scheme

Any chance of a full frontal (oo err!) shot?

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg

perfect bike for a certain section of the STW membership

toby1

Captain, check out field cycles, it was theirs and it is incredible looking.

Nipper, the one you can’t remember is the Oak tourer.

Good show, that Ted James number is owned by a guy i used to work with, cracking bike.

rOcKeTdOg

I spoke to Phil the organiser, introduced my self & he looked a bit scared 🙂

acehtn
    Free Member

My 4 hour parking ticket wasn’t enough, had to leave or be clamped.

F….ing hell was it packed, even the paramedic had trouble wading through the crowd ( i assume it was a bit much for someone)

Being from the country side, watching city hipsters was fun 🙂

It was a fab show, very busy, missed some stuff because of the volume of people you couldn’t get close to some things.

Oyster was brilliant, BTR in the room next door, seemed to be a fair bit of build you own type stands too, which is what i was looking for.
    Picked up some Boneshaker mags and a hipster fixed mag 🙂

Saw some fantastic bikes, got some info from Reynolds and TBA, parking time ran out and was too busy for me so slinked off and had a Bacon Avacado from the little snack shack near Mud-Dock…..hmmm i like visting Bristol, don’t like the parking charges.

Good show, finished the day off at the now mudfest that is round 1 of the BDS at Combe Syd.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Parking isnt bad £1 an hour a short walk away and there is allways the park and ride, lots of v nice bikes to look at thats for sure shame the q for food was so bad but Harts Bakery was v nice

wwaswas

My daughter wants the pink Saffron as it has her name on it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Fanks for da photos lads..

I didn’t go, sounds like it was awsomnez.

brack
    Free Member

Didn’t see any Paramedic? Hope all was ok!?

mboy
    Free Member

Got back earlier, had a great time. Was way busier than I thought it would be, and relative lack of catering was a slight oversight, but otherwise really good.

Lots of really great bikes there, and fortunately more Road and MTB stuff and less fixie/hipster stuff than I was expecting. Really loved the Quarryman CX bike (and had a good chat to the guy who made it too), the Legends (in Carbon, Ti and steel) were all lovely, the Shand Monstercross bike was very worthy of its award, but think my favourite was the JPS Lotus inspired Donhou road bike. 😛

1-shed
    Free Member

Lots more photos please.

toby1

Check the road.cc site for a bounty of photos. And hopefully tomorrow will be calmer than today, although anyone visiting please bring cash, it is greatly received 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

silly amounts of IPA

It completely wiped out my saturday… 😳

Twas great meeting you all. Some lovely bikes, too – as has been mentioned, not so much MTB stuff… but plenty of road/CX/utility beauts. Good to see the Mayor on the mic, too.

monkeyboyjc

I took a load of photos
    Bespoked 2013
    and a few last year
    Bespoked 2012

any one else get wood at the show?

rOcKeTdOg

is that a crack or a sticker? or a tenon?

monkeyboyjc

lol – looks like a sticker to me…..

http://www.woodelo.ie/

andylaightscat
    Free Member

don’t know why you’d pay for parking when there’s lots of free parking in the adjacent roads by Peugot Garage.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘bike love at bespoked Bristol?’ is closed to new replies.