Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike lock recommendations
  • danandem
    Free Member

The house insurance now requires me to have a gold standard bike lock to be covered when locking up the bikes away from the house. Any recommendations? Doesn’t have to be light but easy to use & reasonable price would be on the wish list

shorn
    Free Member

Kryptonite locks come out well in this article

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I’ve got a Kyrptonite Evolution 4. I don’t doubt it’s tough. However, it is very very noisy on when riding along (people stare as I rattle past) and several times the lock mechanism jams up for no obvious reason. I wouldn’t buy another one for those reasons

RRD
    Free Member

I bought a gold standard one from Decathlon (can’t remember the make – oxford maybe?). Way cheaper than the other gold standard models out there? But it is a heavy big D lock as opposed to some of the smaller designs. Also check out Halfords as they sometimes have some good discount on locks.

hh45
    Free Member

I have an Abus, chain in a cloth tune with built in lock (as opposed to a free swinging padlock like some) and its great. cost £90 but use it 5-6 days a week and leave bike in central London over night occasionally. I’ve given up worrying about it being nicked. I realize this endorsement is inviting trouble but even so.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Abus Bordo Granit x-plus – abus top rating of 15 out of 15

Now only £60 at halfords

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_950009_langId_-1_categoryId_282253

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike lock recommendations’ is closed to new replies.