Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike hire recommendation Costa adeje, Tenerife
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Going in October so an assault on Teide is in order. The summit is 56km from our hotel. Can anyone recommend a cycle hire place where we can get a couple of half decent road bikes?

Cheers

chemicalali
    Free Member

Bike Point.Tenerife in Las Americas seems to be the go to place. Not used them myself (when in Tenerife I go mountain biking with Lavatrax) but they have a good reputation, the shop is rammed and they have what looks like a decent range of road bikes for hire.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

thanks chemicali, will give them a go. Will see if we can steal a days mountain biking too. Will start buttering up the wife now in advance!

MrSmith
    Free Member

On the way back down (or up) stop for coffee and rosquetes at cafeteria la Paz Vilaflor.
    Sweet fatty sugary energy for the climb.
    I didn’t cycle but did plenty of walking in the area, if the weather is good the views are stunning.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 for Bike Point. You specify the ‘type’ of bike you want (eg carbon + ultegra etc) rather than a specific model, and send them a few key dimensions, they set the bike up before you collect. I had a Focus Izalco, Munqe chick a BMC Gran Fondo, both in excellent nick, perfectly adjusted, maintained and set up.

And there is no flat in Tenerife 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

And there is no flat in Tenerife

It’s pan flat inside the Teide caldera 😆

stanfree
    Free Member

Bike4youtenerife are easily the best on the island and they deliver to your hotel. They are based in Adeje and run by Greta and Attilla. I used them last November and got a di2 Kuota for 110 euros for the wweek.
    Oh and climb Teide via chio and descend to Vilafior as the opposite way round the road is bloody aful from Chio up. Also go to El Medano for coffee as its a stunning wee place.

Potdog
    Free Member

I always recommend Bike Point. They have a massive range of bikes and good set of mechanics looking after them. I’ve lived in Tenerife for 11 years now and never heard of the bike4you bunch. So not able to comment on them, but road biking and rental spots have exploded over the last couple of years, so always a new kid on the block. Some seem to last a year and then rebrand and move shops.

stanfree
    Free Member

@Potdog , to be honest we had emailed 3 companies before our week there . Bike point , Bike4you and some other crowd. Bike4you were the cheapest and had the best comms. Nearer the time they emailed to say as they were expecting new Kuotas the week before we arrived and tenerife being where it is , If all else failed they would cross hire pinnarellos with Di2 at no extra cost. So in the end we got a Kuota / Pinnarello mix. They were fantastic and offered to nip out mid way through the week to service the bikes. Attila spent the best part of 45 minutes explaining the best routes and in all honesty were in no massive hurry to get the bikes back.
    Still im envious of you living in Tenerife , the teide ride was great but I love the Las Americas to Los Gigantes and back via Taimamo route . Great place.

binners

I was over there last month and used Free Motion They were fantastic! Couldn’t recommend them highly enough. Phoned them up in the afternoon, told them what I was after, and had an immaculately prepped bike, all set up for me, waiting for me at 9 the next morning

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike hire recommendation Costa adeje, Tenerife’ is closed to new replies.