Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike hire Reading
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Any where to hire a bike in Reading? road or off-road.

simon_g

http://www.mountain-trax.com/ have a demo fleet, mostly MTB but a few road. Not in Reading but just the other side of the M4.

OwenP

Give this website a shot, might help with options

Looks like a few places in the area, but none really central in Reading that I know of.

dashed
    Free Member

Mountain trax your best bet – used to be about a tenner or fifteen quid to join their “demo club” or whatever it’s called – you can then demo as many bikes as you want within a month. Prob only about 15 mins drive from Reading.

zbonty

I think Mtn Trax are more than that for a demo. Great shop though.

A couple of others in the RG post code i would’nt wee on in a fire..(don’t think they hire though)

dashed
    Free Member

Yeah, you’re right – it’s gone up since I did it. Have to say I’ve always found the service there to be a bit half arsed but decent demo fleet though so you should be able to demo/hire something that suits what you’re after.

How Does The Demo Scheme Work?
    We charge a minimal £40 for which you receive a card enabling you to demo any of our road or mountain bikes for upto 48hrs max at any one time. The card is valid for 30 days from the date of issue so you only pay the once, but have the opportunity to test multiple bikes to really get a feel for what suits you and meets your requirements. And because Mountain Trax is open 7 days a week you can book the bike for anytime that suits you.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you want to be a bit less cheeky, the bike shop at Swinely hires entry level hardtails.

zbonty

OP. what exactly do you need and when?

scottfitz
    Free Member

OP. what exactly do you need and when?

Its not for me is a guy in the state working over here and ask me if i could tell hime where he could: “Do you know of any high end bike rental places? (i.e. No cushy seats, no squishy tires, no basket)”

I will tell him about Mountain trax cheers guys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike hire Reading’ is closed to new replies.