Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike Hire / Guided Tour – BC Canada (Vancouver Island) any tips
  • Gnnr

Anyone help me recommend me a bike hire / tour company.
    Going to BC for all of June but unfortunately not able to take my own bike.

So looking for a bike to rent at a trail centre or failing that a guided tour for a couple of days.

Any suggestions welcome, I’ve emailed a couple of the local shops but not had much joy with info. Someone suggested that due to insurance costs bike hire was sparse. Is this true?
    Really want to get some biking done whilst I’m there.

Cheers G

smoke
    Free Member

Vancouver Island is a huge place, so you need to be a bit more specific about where you’re planning on riding. Canada doesn’t have “trail centers” like you’re used to. We have Crown Lands, and they’re covered with trail. So it’s basically everywhere.

Expect to pay between $60 and $150 a day for a good rental. Where you are gong will determine what’s available. In the absence of any more info, I’d say go to Cumberland and check out Dodge City Cycles. That’s mid-Island, so there’s a lot of good trail in easy reach. Cumberland, Courtenay, Arrowsmith, and Forbidden are some good areas right there, and the Riding Fool Hostel is a great place to stay.

smoke
    Free Member

Oh, and I do tours, but I’m inland, so it probably wouldn’t work out, but if you get up to the Interior, I’d be stoked to take you out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    walleater

Aye, Smoke`s your man if you head into the Interior.

spooky_b329

We are riding with Bear Back Biking, not asked about bike hire as it only costs £30 each way to take your bike with Canadian Affair.

jedi

smoke for the win. everytime!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike Hire / Guided Tour – BC Canada (Vancouver Island) any tips’ is closed to new replies.