Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike Hire Abroad
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

The Trailwaggers are going to be in Spain in a few weeks time. I have a free pass to go ride for a couple of days and was thinking it would be cheaper to hire a bike rather than fly mine out.
    Can anyone tell me what the pedal situation is with hire bikes? If I take my shoes with Look cleats will the hire shop have an assortment of pedals and fit whatever I need?

thanks in advance

doug_basqueMTB.com

Lots of places will, some won’t. Some mountain bike places only have really cheap flat pedals or the few times I’ve rented road bikes for groups they have really strongly advised taking your own pedals. I have pedals for my hire bikes but I always advise people to take theirs if they can, it’s so easy to nip them off and pop them in a wee plastic bag inside your shoes.

nickjb
    Free Member

Every hire bike I have ever seen has had flat pedals. I’d say if you need specific pedals then you should take them with you.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Good idea, never though of taking my own. Will probably do that just in case, that way I could take my mtb shoes and pedals and then if I get chance to hire road and gravel bikes I`m good to go either way.

doug_basqueMTB.com

It’s so easy to take your own. We have a supply of different pedals but they are such an important contact point you’re always best with your own.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Don’t forget that the brakes will likely be the wrong way round!

johnx2
    Free Member

Yep, worry about brakes over pedals. The couple of times I’ve needed to I’ve had no probs getting hire places to fit SPDs, though I doubt all would do this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike Hire Abroad’ is closed to new replies.