Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike GPS computer help please
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Hi guys bday soon and have asked for a computer from the gf. Got around £200 ish to spend so what is the go to unit? Thanks.

couchy
    Free Member

I use a Garmin edge explore, gpx tracks can be uploaded to it on the PC and followed on the Garmin. I use ViewRanger to plot tracks and convert to gpx first. The Garmin also connects to the phone with Bluetooth to upload rides and sync with strava if needed.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks Couchy I will have a google..

mcnultycop

I swear by my Wahoo Element Bolt.

fd3chris
    Free Member

That was one I had short listed as well as the garmin 130 or 520 plus.

whitestone
    Free Member

I got a Garmin 520 (not the plus) as a Christmas pressie – I used to have a 510 until it died. Still getting used to it but so far it seems to do what it’s meant to.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I have got a garmin watch which has worked well and also a suunto now which does the same but a better screen. I’d like to have more info right in front of me, and to be honest I like gadgets! I think it will be between the bolt and the 520 plus, whichever one I can get online the cheapest.

somouk
    Free Member

I love my garmin kit, software is good and the kit seems robust enough.

For that money a Garmin edge 130 and heartrate strap would be ideal.

Bez

I think it will be between the bolt and the 520 plus

If your main requirement is navigation then I’d say the Garmin Edge Explore is significantly better than both of those. But if your main requirement is training data then I’d say you’re looking at the best options.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yes thanks its definitely training as I’m not much of a one to go out for hours wandering.

petec
    Free Member

i have a Suunto watch. I also have a Elemnt.

Much better than the Garmin equivalents…

Ewan
    Free Member

Had lots of garmins, now have an elemnt bolt. The Wahoo is so much better than even the expensive posh ones, it’s ridiculous.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks guys an elemnt bolt has been ordered for CYB at the wkd. I might as well have a bit of kit to show me how slow I already know I am 👍

Caher

Wahoo +1 I’ve got the Elmnt and now never use my Garmin.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike GPS computer help please’ is closed to new replies.