Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • bike-friendly underpants under normal trousers?
  • ds1
    Free Member

I’ve started taking the train into work and cycling 20 miles home, so have ended up riding in normal work clothes. This was fine apart from my underpants, they are either a bit too loose or the seams are uncomfortable. Not sure I want to wear lyrca all day as underpants, I have the option to change into them after work I know. But I was just curious if there are any bike-suitable ‘standard’ underpants. These Icebreaker boxers seem good but, at £30 a go, I suppose they should be. Anything more economical out there?

steezysix
    Free Member

Try the decathlon ones – merino wool, but way cheaper than icebreaker/smartwool. Sizing is a bit small – I’m 32″ and a large fits perfectly.

Here.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

Helly are good, not much cheaper though.

[/url]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

MTFU commando style 😉

JPR
    Free Member

Keeping meaning to buy a pair of these http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pack-Sport-Layer-Trunks-Stretch/dp/B005H5BELW?rrClickthru=Browse to see if they’re any good.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I bought a pr of those icebreaker boxers (think mine are the summer weight ones). They went baggy pretty quick, so don’t hold your tackle and started getting holes in them, not long after I bought them.

ds1
    Free Member

Thanks for the answers – I’ll try the decathlon ones I think

Northwind

I have a cast iron arse so I always just ride in normal boxers, just with a little thought to what could work on the bike. This isn’t a mtfu post but, have you tried this?

honourablegeorge

DHB ones off wiggle – small pad in them, dead comfy.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-padded-undershort/

Or keep an eye out for the Aldi/Lidl equivalent

epicyclo

Northwind – Member
    I have a cast iron arse so I always just ride in normal boxers. This isn’t a mtfu post but, have you tried this?

I’m the same, even for centuries and 24 hours.

Just make sure there’s no seams in places that rub. Can’t abide the nappy feel of padded pants.

garage-dweller

You ride 20 miles in your work strides?????

For me that’s a full on lycra job.

samuri
    Free Member

Sometimes I forget my riding home lycra and so ride home in my undies with baggies on top (15 miles). It feels so wrong but, I generally wear cotton boxers with short legs and I never get any rubbing from them.

CraigW
    Free Member

I like these More Mile boxers, they are seamless and fairly tight, cheap enough.
    http://www.startfitness.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=4070,4072&CAT_ID=4172&P_ID=46517

mikewsmith
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member – Quote

Just make sure there’s no seams in places that rub. Can’t abide the nappy feel of padded pants.
    It worries me the number of grown ups who can remember clearly what wearing nappies was like 🙂

Just throw some lycra shorts in and change, after that nothing with seams.

epicyclo

mikewsmith – Member
    It worries me the number of grown ups who can remember clearly what wearing nappies was like

At my age, the years are ticking by until I need them again… 🙁

I often wonder if the extra padding on cycle shorts spread your hips slightly in the saddle and contributes to the discomfort for recreational cyclists who have a bit more natural padding in their nether regions than the racing pro whippets.

I’ve just rediscovered sprung saddles – pure bliss. 100 mile day and no discomfort.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘bike-friendly underpants under normal trousers?’ is closed to new replies.