Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike friendly pubs in the Forest of Dean
  • dmshnll
    Free Member

Can anyone please recommend any good cyclist friendly pubs that serve food in or near the Forest of Dean? Thanks

wilko1999
    Free Member

Not very often you hear ‘Friendly’ and ‘Forest of Dean’ in the same sentence 😆

The Fountain’s pretty good near Parkend, they have a website if you want to check it out

mattsccm
    Free Member

Rising Sun at Mosely Green.Orepool Inn in Sling.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pete68
    Free Member

The lamb at Clearwell is a lovely pub and I’ve seen mtbers in there a few times. Not sure I’d class it as friendly though . Most of the locals are friendly enough although a few maybe not so much. Doesn’t do food though if that’s what you’re after.

russjp
    Free Member

I stayed at jovial colliers inn last year, quite pub with good beers and ales, really nice bunkhouse at the back. In Lydbrook about 10 mins drive from trail center [/url]

bigblackshed

Pubs in FOD remind me of The Slaughtered Lamb from An American Werewolf in London. And I’m sort of local.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Can really recommend this place:

Home

Great food (expensive but tasty !) inside from the pub kitchen, pizza guy on the terrace round the back for cheaper food…

They even have a bike challenge..

http://www.millrace.info/three-hills-challenge—cycle-route/

psling
    Free Member

White Horse at Staunton
    Saracens Head at Symonds Yat East
    Fountain at Parkend
    Rising Sun at Moseley Green
    Boat Inn at Redbrook

All the above are bike welcoming with good trails on the doorstep 8)

wilko1999
    Free Member

The cynic in me is now a little wary of this sort of thread. Especially after the recent ‘follow me home’ thefts, and the break in at Pedalabikeaway. First thread from the OP who registered yesterday. No replies since. ‘Anyone know any pubs with expensive bikes outside, and the owners inside with their guard down…’

I’m definitely paranoid at the moment, and I’m sure the OP is genuine, but you can’t be too careful these days!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike friendly pubs in the Forest of Dean’ is closed to new replies.