Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • BIke frame design? XACD
  • wrecker
    Free Member

After a lot of searching for a HT frame, I still don’t think that I can find exactly what I want. I saw a thread recently talking about XACD Ti bikes. Nice custom Ti bikes made to your specification it seems. Many recommendations are to know what you want (check) and a rough idea of geometry (not check). How do I do this? I don’t want to go into too much detail about what I want here as it’ll be boring. Has anyone here designed their own frame? Did you just copy another?
    Can I design a frame to be slack with a 120mm fork and still ride well?

wwaswas

Can I design a frame to be slack with a 120mm fork and still ride well?

On One Summer season?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’m currently getting a custom ti ht frame built up by Justin Burl, I’m essentially getting a slighter longer soul with an EBB and Dialled Alpine style dropped top tube. Frames are built in Russia at a factory he’s worked with for ages, have a lifetime warranty and are very affordable – not xcad cheap but you have a lot more peace of mind. A lot of his frames have been in the roadie press with good write-ups.

Designwise it’s a 2-way street, you say you want x,y & z from certain bikes, tell him your height, weight and riding style etc and he makes some suggestions. I’m awaiting my first set of drawings as I type – can’t wait.

So far I’m very impressed with the service, I emailed a certain uk based frame company on friday morning essentially trying to order an off-the-peg frame from them. In the time taken for then to get back to me Justin had sealed the deal and started work…

wrecker
    Free Member

Ivan, that Justin burl chap seems just the ticket but they’re twice the price of XACD. I do not doubt that he’s worth every penny but I want a cheapish project. Your bike sounds close-ish to what I’m after looks wise. Make sure you put some pics up when it’s done.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘BIke frame design? XACD’ is closed to new replies.