Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike for Enduro .. possibly the 661 series
  • baz2963
    Free Member

Hi all,

I would like to enter the off round of the 661 Gravity enduro or something similar.. I just would like to know what type of ride would be better suited for this type of riding.

I currently have a Canyon Nerve AM 6.0, obviously its a 140mm (rear)-150mm (front) would this cut it ?? do I need a 36 up front ??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The range was from Giant Trances and some on-one/other steel H’tails through to Nomads

I was out on a Heckler with 160mm bit heavy in places but good in others

Northwind

Sounds good to me… TBH you don’t need a big bike at all, the innerleithen round’s probably the most “downhill” and there’s nothing on the route that you couldn’t do on an XC hardtail. Though you’d have to be good to do it quick! I use my Hemlock, capable and slack but light and pedally, but my 456 would be fine.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I just bought a 2nd Hand Remedy frame to Have a go myself, 36’s up front , I have an Orange 5 built up with a Talas 32 150 up front and it is 140 rear, only ridden the Remedy a few times , feels like it climbs better than the 5 , DH they both seem to be great, the 5 feels more of the trail, I’ve been riding the 5 for 18 months so know how it rides so much better, I’ll need to fine tune the Remedy to get it how I like my bikes at the moment it is built with what I had in the parts bin . 😀

baz2963
    Free Member

Cool thanks .. Sounds like I won’t need to change anything then :0)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike for Enduro .. possibly the 661 series’ is closed to new replies.