• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike for a three year old…
  • alpin
    Free Member

My little nephew is turning 3 next month.

He’s mastered his balance bike, even trying to emulate his uncle’s bunny hops and wheelies; he rolls along stops and the jumps of pulls his front wheel into the air… *sunglasses*

His dad takes him to the bmx track and skate park where he loves to roll down the ramps.

Don’t think he is too far from being able to pedal. It’s the anything on the market that will see him through the next two years or so? Something with pedals, but I’m thinking if the pedals/cranks can be removed until he gets used to his new ride….

Doesn’t have to be blind and am open to second hand offers, cheers!

jam-bo

Frog 43 has worked well for my boy. Took pedals/cranks off for first couple of months and he used it as balance bike.

timmys

Standard answer; Cnoc 14

longmover
    Free Member

We have a Commencal Ramones 14 for my nearly 3 year old. he can’t pedal yet but he’s not far off.

psling
    Free Member

My niece rides an Early Rider Belter 16.

Single speed, belt drive, relatively light weight. She’s been riding it since she turned 4 (she was on balance bike earlier). I think minimum inside leg is 450mm for the bike. She was clearing the little pump track at the back of cycle centre in FoD on it at 4 years old. Seems like a decent little bike.

alpin
    Free Member

Just a bump…

Thanks for rules so far.

gazc
    Free Member

our kids all have second hand frog bikes off gumtree and they’re faultless so i can recommend them but the isla bikes look good too. taking the pedals off for the first few rides just to get him used to the bigger bike before pedalling is well worth doing, really helped our youngest daughter make the transition from balance bike to pedals in no time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike for a three year old…’ is closed to new replies.