Bike fitting experiences.

Home Forum Bike Forum Bike fitting experiences.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bike fitting experiences.
  • Premier Icon househusband
    Subscriber

Road bike? I’d say so.

Mountain bike? Questionable.

Yes it’s a roadie question. :/

Premier Icon tonyg2003
    Subscriber

There are a few local shops eg. Cycleworks that do bike fit. For the full experience (a £250 :)) try Pearson’s Sheen*. Their Cycle Fit is fully customised (hydraulic stationary cycle that can vary every dimension, eg cranks, stem, bars etc..) with power meter and video recording. Probably worthwhile. *good friend of mine but still a valid recommendation

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

I got one as a freebie due to a mixup on a bike order with LBS. An hour and a half well spent, informative and I picked up a few things that I hadn’t noticed, even after many yrs of riding. Worthwhile if you have any niggles or doubts on setup IMO

Worthwhile if you have any niggles or doubts on setup IMO

I’m 6ft and on a 59cm with a 100mm stem… so I think starting a fresh with a 55cm-56cm with a bike fit, so the 59cm is a huge doubt/niggle…

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

Mike – it’s all about reach, rather than height, but worth trying other setups

Mike – it’s all about reach, rather than height, but worth trying other setups

Hu?

gingajim

Mike
    I’m the bike fit technician at Pedal Heaven, Fleet (so near you!) Feel free to give me a call and I’ll be more than happy to talk you through the benefits or give you some advice.
    Regards
    James
    (01252 628575)

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

Mike, sorry, what I meant is that bike size is more down to reach rather than height, so if you have a long back you could need a 59 with a 110 stem, or if a short back you might be more comfy on a 56 with a 100 mm stem

I had one done, well worth it.

chris36860

Geared bikes in Chichester are really good. If I remember correctly its about £120. I don’t road ride anymore, but have done the London to Paris a few times. First time I just put the saddle up and rode (lots of pain) second time, had Geared do a fit. No pain at all. I had the bike set up for comfort rather than speed due to the high distance. Personally, I think it’s a must for road riders as you get more power out of your legs if the bike is set up correctly.
    Wouldn’t bother on the MTB as I’m not in the saddle enough.

Is booking a bike fitting session a good idea?

Whos good around Guildford area, willing to travel a bit. Cheers thanks!

Who? How much? Where?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bike fitting experiences.’ is closed to new replies.