Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike fit options
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

I’m looking to have a bike fit for my road bike and have narrowed it down to a few options.

First option is at a bio mechanics / sports massage type clinic, I assume they’ll be good at the bio mech side of the fit but may be lacking in cycling specific experience. Fitting system is Retul.

Theres a couple of local bike shops, one uses Retul the other uses the Trek equivalent. I’m sure these will be good with the bike side of it but may not be quite as up on the bio mech side.

Then there’s a one man band type cycling coach who also offers a bike fit service but I think he’s more old school tape measure type bike fit rather than video capture. This one is around half the price of the others.

I’m looking to get some help with a leg alignment issue so I’m leaning towards the clinic one?

I’ve read that the Retul system is only as good as the fitter and I’ve got no evidence as to the quality of any of the fitters above.

What would you do? (please no references to snake oil if possible).

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Any system is only as good as the person using it and if they can interpret the results correctly. I’d tend to go by others recommendation.
    I think I’d be inclined to go the old school route of I had it done again.

mrjmt
    Free Member

I like the idea of the Steve Hogg acredited fitter but I’m in York, and he’s down near Reading. Not ruled it out though.

Shred
    Free Member

I used Tim Pigott at HP3 or Worsley Physio.

I had some pain and imbalances, so he did a full body assessment and gave me an exercise program, plus he went above and beyond to sort out my bike fit on both my road and mtb.
    Highly recommended.

gray

I had a road bike fit with Scherrit (http://www.thebikewhisperer.co.uk/) last autumn. Took about 6 hours. He’s a nice chap, and did a good job. Not cheap, of course, but 6 hours of expert time is never going to be.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

York isn’t a million miles away from Sheffield. Perhaps Richard at Fit4 Physio could help you out?

http://www.fit4-physio.co.uk/bike-fitting/

Bregante

Thanks for posting those links Shred. Worsley Physio is literally five minutes from me so once I’m recovered from injury I’m going to look at that for my road bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike fit options’ is closed to new replies.