Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bike Fascist
  • martinh
    Free Member

Was called a Bike Fascist today by a miserable man on a bridleway. I think he meant it as an insult but now I want it as a T-Shirt

Spin
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

Bike Fracist would cover all bases

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Is that how the MNPR will look after Brexit?

martinhutch

now I want it as a T-Shirt

You’ll need a flag as well if you want the full effect.

angeldust
    Free Member

Was called a Bike Fascist today by a miserable man on a bridleway. I think he meant it as an insult but now I want it as a T-Shirt

Was he annoyed that he had to move aside, or perhaps at your mere presence?  Good, if slightly confusing insult though.

cookeaa

If only you’d had this sticker:

Poopscoop

Could be worse.

I’ve been told to “ride like a pirate.”

martinh
    Free Member

The photos above are pictures of Fascists with bikes, not bike Fascists. I honestly have no idea what a bike fascist is. Maybe he meant bike fetishist

Daffy

Was your bike fully British and were you yourself emblazoned with the union flag and actively hunting, corralling and killing bikes made by those from less favourable  geographical locations?

or was it more that he thought you were on a bike and behaving like a fascist to those who weren’t?

angeldust
    Free Member

You didn’t put on your Nazi memorabilia helmet by mistake this morning instead of your bike helmet?  Easy mistake to make.

fooman

Are you sure it wasn’t ‘bike fastest’ he shouted which would have been a statement of fact.

cookeaa

Here we go, bike fascism explained:

slowoldman

Wow I’m impressed by Hilter’s tandem cargo bike. How could they possibly have lost?

singlespeedstu

Beardy bloke in that video is AWSUM.

If only he could hear himself from the outside of his narrowness.

OP buy a horse and ask him if he understands that wearing a wedding dress doesn’t give him the right of way.

cookeaa

Beardy bloke in that video is AWSUM

TBF if you could execute the F-word that well you’d make a point of using it as much as possible too…

Thinking about it I work with a younger chap who while not stupid, seems intent on ascribing more extreme political beliefs to anyone who doesn’t share his exact world view, so he’s variously described people as Nazis, Fascists, Communists, Dictators, Lefties, etc.

He also seems to obtain most of his views from clickbaity interweb articles and informs me the BBC is an extreme left leaning propaganda engine.

Most of his gobbling off I can put up with, but a couple of times in recent weeks the term “Femi-Nazi” has passed his lips seemingly in reference to women who speak up and challenge what you might call “everyday sexism”… I’ve never encountered anyone quite so comfortable displaying their misogyny at work, but I think it’s just a symptom of the world we live in at the moment.

There seem to be lots of people wandering about, mostly men, mostly white (sorry) almost keen to buck what they see as political correctness gone too far (their only a couple of decades late I suppose) and a bit like the fella the OP encountered, they throw about language and labels they don’t quite understand hoping for a reaction any time they encounter someone who’s choices/lifestyle they dislike.

Something just seems to have emboldened them recently, Brexit, Trump, or just finding like minded bigots online, who knows… But what you have to wonder is if he’s happy calling a total stranger a facist simply for riding a bicycle what other swivel-eyed ideology is he liable to try and act out?

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Who knew Gandalf the Grey was a New Yoiker?

“YOU SHALL NOT F***IN’ PASS”!

johnx2
    Free Member

were you on your way to a raleigh?

dudeofdoom

WOW Nazi s invented bike packing.

is that a bike mounted flag holder thou ?

nedrapier

were you on your way to a raleigh?

Well done, sir.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bike Fascist’ is closed to new replies.