Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike Factory, Whaley Bridge – any good?
  • IHN

Should all go to plan on the housing front, it looks like Bike Factory will be my new LBS.

Are they any good? I remember a good shop in Whaley yeeeeeears ago, is it the same people in a bigger store?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Same folk.

Rob the manager is fine as is Fred (Salmon) the owner … although Fred can at times be a little manic, although catch him on a good day and he’ll go above and beyond the call of duty to sort you out 😉

stilltortoise
    Free Member

It’s been a few years since I’ve used them, but I found them very friendly and very helpful. Not sure if Rob and Damo are still there, but they always found time to talk and offer advice. I never got that “we’re too busy and important to serve you” sensation that I’ve had from a few other bike shops.

IHN

Fred Salmon as in Fred Salmon anodised retro parts loveliness?

MartynS

Yes!!

IHN

Ooh, they’ll appreciate the purple loveliness of the Frankenbike then 🙂

bowie278
    Free Member

Used them a load of times as they’re not too far away from me. Only ever had one problem, I waited over 7 weeks for a part that was easily available on the internet everywhere. Still, they’re great guys, all game for a laugh and Damo is a gem. You’ll enjoy using the, great little shop as well!

banks
    Free Member

Brilliantl, they’ve changed rear wheel plus components over mid-ride after I folded one. Very very good, almost feel like your the most important customer ever. Just don’t order anything from them 😉

Freeride cycles in disley is my lbs – another dead good shop

bowie278
    Free Member

+1 for Freeride as well. Big mountain bike lads there, and the shop is great.

There’s also Sett Valley Cycles in New Mills, but they’re more of a roadie shop.

banks
    Free Member

I go on about Freeride too much so this time i thought i’d just give them a mention this time

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike Factory, Whaley Bridge – any good?’ is closed to new replies.