Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • ****Bike Draw for Bullheart****
  • Drac

**Anonymous member of STW community has kindly offered his bike for a draw to raise funds for Bullheart.**

This is a bike purchased off here some time back. The seller was the very decent sort and my lbs were brilliant at undertaking some required fettling; the end result being this bike cost me next to nothing and a Klein-shaped tick off the bucket list.

It’s a ’96 Klein Pulse Comp set up SS, fitted with pepperoni forks and a custom paint job in fantastic condition. Parts include a Chris King headset, Fred Salmon bars & stem, Titanium seatpost & Ringle bottle cage.

It’s now time to pay forward the generosity shown to me, so it’s being raffled to raise funds for Bullheart and his family.

https://www.gofundme.com/55ugxdk

1. Every £5 will get a ‘ticket’ (A line on a spreadsheet). £10, two lines etc..

2. Simply make your donation on his link above referencing your STW name, and then post ‘in’/’done’/’banana’ or whatever you like in this thread.

3.The raffle will be drawn in 2 weeks, on Friday 9th March, using https://www.random.org/lists/ to pick the winner

Boring bits: (Postage costs will be met by the owner – if you are within the Yorkshire area they can deliver it by hand. Size is 17.5 from centre to centre, pedals not not included, but the white rocket rons pictured and additional gears are)

Thanks and good luck.

Anon.

***IMPORTANT***

If anyone has forgotton to include their STW Forum name for the raffle, or indeed if anyone has any questions, please send a PM to user “anonymous”.  Thank you.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Lovely thing to do

IHN

And a lovely thing to win. That’s got to be worth a tenner, done.

jonathan
    Free Member

DONE! I was just about to donate anyway then spotted this. It’s a lovely gesture and so worthy of support, and I don’t even want the bike as I’ve already got a SS Klein!

No should have to do this to raise money for health care, which is exactly why it’s great to see people supporting others like this. Good luck

iainc

DONE, superb idea.  All the best Bullheart

richardthird

Top banana!   Worthy cause and a fantastic gesture

sbob
    Free Member

With all that time saved changing gears, one would have thought some could be spared for the lawn…

turneround

Done  although didn’t leave my username – oh well

rdoadesuk

Ha, done with £15 too and also didn’t leave my name to start with!! You can sign back in add commented in ‘Manage my donations’.

slackalice
    Free Member

Me too! Thanks for the edit tip.

What an inspired way to help. Thank you and every best wishes for bullheart and his family.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Done! That’s a generous offer! I’ve donated enough for 2 lines – I’d pay that for the bottle cage!

rickk

Done, good luck

roger_mellie

Done. Very generous idea ‘anon’!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Done, I couldn’t not having read the other thread. All the best to Bullheart and really generous ‘anon’.

WillH

Let’s see…

Dislike singlespeeds…. check

Bike is too small for me anyway…. check

Live 18,000km away so no realistic way of getting grubby mitts on the bike in the event of winning….  check

I’m in!

rabhill
    Free Member

Donated. All the best Bullheart and well done Anon.

postierich
    Free Member

Donated if I win I will ride it on the #jennride South Lakes 100 🙂

grtdkad

Great idea.  Donated.

Cougar

Donated if I win I will ride it on the #jennride South Lakes 100

I’m not often lost for words.  Thank you.

krixmeister

Donated. Best wishes.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Well I didn’t donate to enter the raffle but seeing as Anonymous  went to the trouble of messaging me I’ll stick my name in the hat.

That said the garage is pretty full and my back is a bit bost for a Hardtail so I’ll put it out there now that if I win it it’ll be going T’bay as a Charity Auction with all proceeds going to the Bullheart Fund.

nedrapier

Put in. I was going to today on payday, but I bumped it up a bit because of this excellent idea/donation by Anonymous.

My garage is also full, and I’ve got a Privateer to build up at some point too, so I was already thinking along the same lines as one_happy_hippy.  I’d rag it around the hills for a month or two first, though!

PJay
    Free Member

DONE

Donated £20 on 18/02/18 but didn’t leave my name/forum name; not sure if the raffle applies retrospectively.

Thanks for the kind donation Anonymous.

sadexpunk

donated 8 lines worth a day or so ago and left my username.  does that mean im in the draw or is it just from when this went live?

Merlinman

In!

Lovely gesture – so pleased at the level of STW support!

roper
    Free Member

Great idea!! I’ve entered, nice idea and nice bike.

Straightliner

Done, and well done for setting this up, brilliant idea!

gnusmas

Done. Likewise, if this can be applied retrospectively i donated 10 lines worth on the 18/02/18.

steveno

Done and all the best to Bullheart

mangoridebike

a great idea – chapeau to the anonymous donor!

I’ve thrown a tenner in to this very worthy cause – best of luck Bullheart

i have a Klein shaped box to tick of my own too so fingers crossed 🙂

stumpy01

Just donated another fiver for the bike comp, for one line.

I donated the other day but that was before this comp was running, so don’t add that as lines too.

Thanks to anonymous for donating what looks like a great bike!

I never win these kinda things, but when it’s for such an epic cause I couldn’t say no! My Wife is super excited about having another bike in the garage, so this is for her, really.

Roly

Done!

Roly

anonymous
    Free Member

Thank you all so much for your continued generosity. It’s a beautiful bike that the winner will be very happy with, and every ticket is doing something special.

Re: Retrospective donations, it’s only for donations made since this post went up I’m afraid.

Thank you once again.

Smudger666

done – new donation added.

great gesture, not sure that you’ll be that anonymous though, not many bikes as ‘striking’ as that one around.

lovewookie

Donated again.

timmys

done (2 lines)

grenosteve
    Free Member

Awesome idea, In for a £10, hope it helps Bullheart.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I’m in.

bearman
    Free Member

lovely gesture, I’m in

StuF

Done even though I don’t have space for another bike

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘****Bike Draw for Bullheart****’ is closed to new replies.