• This topic has 28 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Bike-discount.de
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Looking at buying some tyres from this site, but am going to wales next weekend, anyone used them? How long did your stuff take to get to you?

boxxer7
    Free Member

Always been a 3 day turnaround for me, I paid the extra postage once which wasn’t worth bothering with. Great company to deal with.

satchm00
    Free Member

Not used them myself but I have heard positive things about them.

trambler

Ordered tyres Sunday, received Tuesday. Used quite a few times no issues.

stevious

Good company to deal with. 4 days from order -> delivery in Inverness.

edlong
    Free Member

Used ’em a couple of times, no problem, delivery no slower than any UK based online retailers.

That said, your decent LBS should be even quicker…

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

About the same delivery as CRC, or maybe one day longer, plus the fun of getting a package addressed to Herr Your Name. Plus obviously the cheaper prices.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Excellent service from these guys including warranty with free return postage on their account, which confused the hell out of the local post lady who would not read the supplied instructions.
    Delivery is as above, about 2 or 3 days with full tracking.

There is a glitch on their site, last time I used them, the basket can revert to prices in Euros so double check the total before committing to buy, and avoid a conversion banking charge, if you miss it.

wilko1999
    Free Member

I had what I’d call average service just to keep a lid on all the praise. Ordered some in stock ready built wheels on the Monday, had an order acknowledgement quickly. However then it went quiet, phoned a few times and it was being dealt with apparently. They turned up on the following Friday (the one after) so about 10 working days. But no despatch confirmation or any other correspondence. Not horrendous, but not as good as another German site I’d used, Hibike.

jonnyrockymountain

Not a problem 2-4 days delivery

acidchunks

Happy to say I had a better experience than wilko with an in stock wheel order, mine arrived within 4 days.

toronte
    Free Member

Took 3 days to arrive in Hungary. Ordered several times. Can’t recommend them enough.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just got some forks off them. Not quite 3 day delivery, about 5, but they did what they said on the tin.

jruk
    Free Member

Have you looked at nextdaytyres? They sell tyres and you get them the next day 🙂

euans2
    Free Member

Good to deal with until you need to return something for a refund! It took them roughly 3 months to refund me my money.

sprocker
    Free Member

Ordered Tuesday here today, as quick as chain reaction and cheap !

fbk
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff Wednesday and am yet to hear anything (except for the order confirmation). Website still says “Processing” on the order.

I’m hoping the service will be as good as others have suggested as we’re off to France next Thursday….

fbk
    Free Member

I stand corrected – just had an email with tracking info…. fingers crossed!

Flapjack
    Free Member

I’m on the point of ordering some wheels from them (£100 cheaper than CRC). Anyone aware of any voucher codes for them? 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

Used them a couple of times…three days from order to my tyres turning up. The courier just left the damn things outside the front door in full view rather than hiding them somewhere. I complained and had my delivery costs refunded.

mcnultycop

Sorted a return and repair on my Lev, quickly. Delivered a pair of Hans Dampfs super quickly and cheaply.

If they are cheapest I’d use them.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Efficient on their side (well, German so what do you expect), but I had an order on flight same day, and then sat in Heathrow for a week before it got on a van to my house (and I live not that far away).

mattbilliard
    Free Member

Have a look at bike24. ordered some Hans Dampf along with some other stuff. Cheap and usually quick

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Free delivery on some road bike levers I ordered on Sunday evening, which arrived on Wednesday. 1st time using Bike-Discount.de, but very satisfied with the price (~£25 less than CRC) and the delivery service.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Cheers all, by the time I decided to get them they’d sold out of the racing ralph i wanted, so just a hans dampf from them, still a tenner less than crc though..

flattyre
    Free Member

The worst company I’ve ever used if something goes wrong. Not dishonest but one calamity after another (4 months waiting for something to be sorted under warranty). Parts mixed up, posted to wrong addresses etc etc.

jwab
    Free Member

Bought from them three items and haven’t had a problem. Delivery seems on a par with crc, Merlin are prob quicker as I ordered one Friday lunchtime and got then in the post Sat morning without paying any extra – amazing

wallop

I’ve ordered plenty of stuff from there – sometimes delivered quickly, sometimes slowly.

They sorted my Reverb under warranty very efficiently.

Personally I wouldn’t rely on them to get tyres to me by Friday – go CRC next day delivery for that.

z1ppy

Looking at some fork for a m8 on their site but struggling to find a delivery charge? Is there one?
    Don’t really want to setup an account just to find out (& get more spam)

found it…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Bike-discount.de’ is closed to new replies.