Bike dilemma! Something old vs something new.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike dilemma! Something old vs something new.
  • jayx2a

So I like my Trek Fuel, it’s enjoyable to ride and it has handled everything I have thrown at it.

But, the flip side is that it’s a smidge too small and I can’t run anything shorter than a 60mm stem without it being too cramped.

I have been chatting with a seller online who has the exact same bike as mine even down to the colour and year but next size up (2018 19.5). It’s in better condition than mine but without the upgraded brakes, BB and tyres and might cost me £100-£200 or so to make the swap over as his is spotless and looks barely ridden.

I can move my bars saddle dropper over and have a little bit of cash to splash on some shiny upgrades.

ALTERNATIVELY, the spare cash I have could go towards a do it all 29er HT for around 1k (2nd hand or something scandal like) and keep the Trek in its current form.

Thoughts?

I know shiny new bikes are exciting but sticking with what you know works sometimes is also good.

jayx2a

This is the Trek – but I wouldn’t be offering that price

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/427510137872096/

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

That Trek looks immaculate!

I’m a one bike fan – and those are real do it all bikes…

jayx2a

It does! Mine is not quite as immaculate, so I would be paying a little bit of the difference. I have been in contact with the seller. No marks or scratches at all. Can’t of been ridden very hard!

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Link no worky, but if it’s a Fuel EX in the next size up then I’d go for that.

jayx2a

Yeah it’s identical to mine bar size, and condition.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.