Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Bike dilemas and PDS (Morzine) buying content… have some fun..
  • weeksy

Well if anyone is still reading this… I didn’t buy the Heckler. Top seller.. swapped the stem for me, adjusted seat lol.. but the medium was just a smidgen too small.

So, i’ve got 24 hours and stil on the Giant 29er.

weeksy

You’ll love this then 🙂

Blokey has listed my Bionicon on Ebay after 1 ride…. Blaming his missus/bills.

He gave me £1100 for it…. he’ll take £900

Hahahahahaa.

I’ve now got 1 day left till we leave for the Alps…. How bloody tempting is that !!!!!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Have a good trip!

weeksy

Thanks reggie… i’ll try my best… First time there and on a HT… should be ‘entertaining’ at least.

vinnyeh

Ellsworth Moment on the classifieds, maybe not too far away?

weeksy

17.5 probably a little bit small in all honesty based upon the Bionicon and the Heckler last night.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run a HT in the Alps – plenty of fun!

Just fit the biggest tyres you can, shortest stem that works, and get after the full suss blokes. They don’t like it when there’s a HT snapping at their heels…

batfink
    Free Member

Give Rose bikes a call….. they have an exhibition in Morzine stand and hire bikes out. If you buy one within 2 years you get the price of the hire back (I think).

weeksy

Cheers mate,

When it comes to hiring i think i’ll play it by ear so to speak. I’ll get there, try the Giant on day 1 (Thurs) and if it’s REALLY bad, i may try and hire one from whoever/wherever.

weeksy

I run a HT in the Alps – plenty of fun!

Just fit the biggest tyres you can, shortest stem that works, and get after the full suss blokes. They don’t like it when there’s a HT snapping at their heels..

Stem is a 90mm standard stem, works well for me and i particularly like the bike. I’m not convinced i’ll be snapping at anyones heels… although that would be true even if i was on a super dooper FS 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ride what ya brung as they say !

I think buying a bike last minute and then riding that in the Alps when you were not used to it could have been a big mistake. Also who knows what might have broken. It will almost certainly be the most challenging riding you do so best to do that on a bike you are familiar with, I thin that’s worth more than rear suspension. You can rent something for a day to try out or as the show is in Morzine you can try one of their demo bikes on Sunday. The PPdS itself is reasonably straight forward riding wise it’s just whether the vibration will get you. Start early and try and make good time so you can enjoy the food stands and perhaps take a swim somehwere ! Don’t worry too much about the bike …

toons
    Free Member

my mate is selling this

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206036&highlight=

If you take the HT, i hope the braker bumps don’t kill you!

weeksy

Nice bike and spec Toons…. I think it’s Oop Norf though ? I’m leaving in 16 hours to Alps. 🙂

toons
    Free Member

Aye it is.

Have fun

tpbiker
    Free Member

my mate took his rockhopper out last week. He managed to go down everything we did (including the blacks) without it completely falling apart. He did need a wheel build at the end, and was rather slow…but he didnt die

weeksy

tpbiker – Member
    my mate took his rockhopper out last week. He managed to go down everything we did (including the blacks) without it completely falling apart. He did need a wheel build at the end, and was rather slow…but he didnt die

Nice one mate.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

that SC looks a right bargain, even if he does need to rotate his bars…

tinsy
    Free Member

Weeksy, I did what you was planning to do once and built up an alps bike and sold it on for a no cost bike for the week, but though I quite enjoyed the process, you might as well just bite the bullet and hire one out there, though of course you can do it on a hardtail, it really will be more fun with the right/better suited kit.

Save on the agro of dragging a bike out there too..

weeksy

Bikes are all ready to be loaded into the motor. I had huge issues getting a hire bike after leaving it so late…

In a final piece of insanity, i MAY be buying the Bionicon back i sold last week. However, i’ll be paying £250 less than i sold it for 🙂

The thing is, bikes at this sort of price are either very good but neglected, or very rubbish and nicely looked after. Anything that’s good spec/frame/parts and looked after comes in at a pile more cash.

Whilst i didn’t love the Bionicon, i didn’t exactly hate it and felt happy enough on the downhills on it. The brakes are great, the bits are brand new…. so… it means that my trip to Morzine would be covered by the sale/purchase of the Bionicon.

We’re in the final bit of bargaining… but i rekon i can secure it for £250 gain.

tinsy
    Free Member

There will be a bike to hire out there when you get there, always been racks of hire bikes in the shops the times I have been..

A cheap unkown bike and a week in the Alps doesnt gel, would need a lot of luck anyhow..

weeksy

I just bought a Bionicon 🙂

Oh sometimes my world is quite insane.

binners

Have you bought your old one back at a knock down price then?

weeksy

Yups. Pick up at 4.45 this afternoon.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I feel exausted after reading this thread back..

You should have bought that Remedy, it’s a steal imo.

weeksy

Yeah but the Remedy would have cost me money…. this deal has actually MADE me money… i can then sell the Bionicon for £1000 when i get back 😛

hora
    Free Member

People buy Bionicon’s? 😆 😐

weeksy

WOO HOOO NEW BIKE day lol…

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Bike dilemas and PDS (Morzine) buying content… have some fun..’ is closed to new replies.