Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike choice?
  • captaintomo
    Free Member

Been looking for a new bike for a while. Will mainly be riding trail centres with the occasional day in hills (like twice a year). Coming from a Boardman hardtail I would like a more aggressive full sus with something like 130+ travel.

Been looking at the kona Tanuki deluxe 2013 at £1600. Kona Tanuki supreme 2012 £1600, Vitus Escarpe 1 £1600 and also the Mondraker Factor R 2012 £1400

Anyone have anything to say about either of these bikes? Or do I just go for a canyon and get unbelievable spec for money?

I’m 5ft8 of that’s means anything

Cheers

jonk

Have you test ridden any of them? Its important to get a feel of a bike before you buy.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I have a foxy r 2012 model. Similar suspension design by the looks of it. Great bike and pretty well specced for the price. It climbs great, is light and descends well. For me, it’s a great All-round bike. Heard some negative stories about previous year’s build quality. Kept on top of maintenance with pivots etc and mines running fine a year later.

captaintomo
    Free Member

Cheers lads. Only ridden the kona tanuki at the moment in 17in, felt a little cramped up, 18in would of be better. All the rest i would have to purchase online as there are no dealers near me.

It also appears they don’t make the factor r in 26in variant this year anyway so I really couldn’t get a test ride haha!

I’ve just beed looking at last years models for the main reason is that it’s so much more cost effective, especially since I’m a teenager!

captaintomo
    Free Member

Just seen a Fuel ex7 for £1600. Remember I liked those at a demo day I had been to! God it gets complicated!

captaintomo
    Free Member

Decided to get the Fuel ex7 after it dropped to £1400, Great bike!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike choice?’ is closed to new replies.