• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by P20.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bike Check: Ted James’ Ti Bride Custom DH Bike
  • stwhannah

Have you placed your credit card at a safe distance away from your current position? Then you may be safe to read on. Custom, titanium, BMX, EXT, DH, …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Bike Check: Ted James’ Ti Bride Custom DH Bike

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

pushup

Take my money. Please!

johnnystorm

Is Ti Bride bordering on Cove naming for naffness?

stwhannah

@johnnystorm tbh I totally missed the reference until about 10 min ago. I’m not keen, but it’s the customer’s nickname not Ted’s. I was far busier looking at the build than the name.

qwerty
    Free Member

Disclaimer: he’s local to me and I have been known to walk my bike down stuff he’s just leapt off of…

I can’t see the article cos I’m a freeloader… but, I’m aware that there’s been an awful lot of thought gone into that frame design along with Ted’s usual in house bespoke machining of metal things like the twin cog spider etc, followed up with a set up by the guys who supply both the F&R suspension. It’s amazing how the thoughts in his head turn into such wonders plus his ability to produce high end bikes for any purpose: touring, road, gravel, BMX, suspension BMX 🤞🏻, MTB, 36er, etc, he moves easily between disciples to produce a truly BeSpoke bike.

#needsmorepinion

tomhoward

Id convinced myself I didn’t need a DH bike…

Urgh.

sharkattack

A million times yes.

stwhannah

Ha. I actually originally captioned one photo: don’t tell @tomhoward 😂

neila

Oh hell yes, gotta love a Ted special. Local to me too, one day I’ll give him a call…

darksideby182

Loving the profile cranks, I’m running a set on my hard tail as a homage to my BMX days.

bedmaker

Very cool bike.
    An expensive bargain for sure. There’s clearly a lot of hours gone into that!

cookeaa

Do you reckon he’d do one in steel?

sharkattack

Do you reckon he’d do one in steel?

Do you know who Ted James is? I think he’d do anything you want if you have the readies.

Also STW, speak to the owner. Get this one in for review!

BruceWee

Considering the Starling Sturn was 3K, this is a massive massive but very expensive bargain.

Might have to sell a couple of bikes and save up my pocket money.

Speeder

I love the concept and am a big fan of TJ and his bikes but there’s some details on this I don’t like. The chain tensioners (and that area in general) look like you’re still at “working prototype” stage and that jackshaft design may have some issues with copyright infringement with Dave Weagle (ridiculous I know).

Does look great though and if I was in the market for a park-rat style DH bike I’d definitely be having a chat with Ted . . . but those drop outs would need sorting first. I do have a design he could use mind . . .

chakaping
    Free Member

My credit card will be safe, don’t worry.

sharkattack

Things I’d change if I were commissioning one…

1. A longer headtube to get rid of that spacer under the top crown. It looks like the owner asked for a very low front end with the option to go even lower.

2. As above, tidier dropouts.

3. I’d probably put the main chainring on the left crankarm and have one sprocket either side of the main pivot rather than the big thick double setup (like Brooklyn/Starling etc)

4. The stem should be a Dirty Dog Reaper

tomhoward

If (big if) I were (I’m not) in the market, I’d ask him to make a front end to fit a Tora bikes rear end.

But I’m not in the market, so I won’t.

I absolutely haven’t planned how I’d spec it. Honest.

jameso

I love how Brooklyn Machine Works this is and how he’ll take on stuff that is so far outside what most custom builders would get into.

that jackshaft design may have some issues with copyright infringement with Dave Weagle (ridiculous I know).

I’ve been suprised by what he or his patent attorney can get IP on in the US, but a jackshaft? Has he got a DW design in that area?

Speeder

jameso

I’ve been suprised by what he or his patent attorney can get IP on in the US, but a jackshaft? Has he got a DW design in that area?

Info here:-

http://www.pinkbike.com- Dave Weagle patents high pivot drivetrain system

it is crackers but they’ve granted it . . .

P20

My mate has one of Teds gravel bikes (featured on his instagram). He loves it

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.