Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bike change conundrum
  • northshoreniall

Evening all, am dithering with changing bikes at the moment so thought would seek STW sage advice 🙂
    I currently have a Genesis Fortitude Adventure with alfine 11 speed. Sort of fell out of love with it and been looking at cx bikes as main use has been road commute and some local wagonway rides, so feel its being a bit underutulised and not most appropriate.I got it with the intention of doing some bikepacking trips but life/ work has conspired against this.
    So – do i stick some new bars, like woodchipper and skinnier tyres on it and keep so have potential trip usage or sell to part fund new bike, been looking at a Genesis Vapour CX 20 as can still take a rack. Had been set on selling until stripped racks etc off today to clean for selling pictures and now thinking it may be worth keeping!

Help! I cant decide, but Fortitude is sitting here looking lovely now.

Ben_H

If you’re not sure (and it’s the first time), then don’t sell it.

If you are a procrastinator on the other hand, then perhaps it’s time to just do it. 🙂

I’ve just undertaken bit of n-1, by combining the best bits of my road and “do anything” bikes and then having an eBay purge. Neither were quite meeting my needs, so I’ve just built-up a new bike that does.

northshoreniall

First time I’ve really thought of it to be honest, Been ill and mostly housebound all week so suspect it’s cabin fever and frustration talking really.

Just pricing up trying adapt what have, looking at bars – woodchippers or midge bars, tyres, levers to work with bb7’s, taping and figure out how to mount alfine shifter to bars?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bike change conundrum’ is closed to new replies.