Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike cases
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of longer business trips later this year and am considering taking a bike with me both to explore and relax. Anyway, what hard-shell cases do people recommend for flying with a FS bike?

woolymonster
    Free Member

I’ve used a Monoc case once or twice, worked a treat but depends on the bike you’re taking and it’s size. Just got mine sorted to sell it, if you’re interested in buying one that is? 🙂 If you are it’s this one

Obviously it’ll be cheaper, drop me a mail if you’re interested fella – woolymonster@hotmail.com – But regards using them, so much better to know it’s not been launched and damaged by some baggage handler.

dantsw13

My BikeboxAlan comes round the world with me – road, MTB and 29er (more of a squeeze but fits).

atlaz
    Free Member

Any more? Oh, and are there any excess fees with bike cases usually? Shouldn’t be an issue as I travel light but just in case the case itself pushes me over a single-bag limit

Northwind

It’s extra weight, and there’s some that are physically larger than some airline limits- though the odds of anyone ever getting out the tapemeasure must be about zero… I struggle enough getting my bike down to a sensible weight in a cardboard lined soft case tbh. But for convenience and protection they are fab, always very jealous.

maltloafian
    Free Member

Hi dantsw13 – How much does the Bike Box Alan weigh when you pac it with the 29er?

And how much do you need to break down the 29er to get it into the BikeBoxAlan? Do the tyres have to come off? Fork removed?

Or just rear mech, stem/handlebars/seat/pedals?

atlaz
    Free Member

Looking at it, I think the Evoc bag may be more future proof and obviously a bit lighter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike cases’ is closed to new replies.