Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike carriage to be added to ScotRail trains on the West Highland Line
  • rene59
    Free Member
    seosamh77
    Free Member

it’s about time!

bedmaker

Blindingly obvious and simple thing is done – ministers and managers line up to blow trumpets….

Good news though.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Positive Scotrail story – quick, distance yourself from Abellio!

Almost like they have zero input into this. IIRC this sort of thing was on their list of things they would like to get done.

project
    Free Member

class 153 which would have gone for scrap otherwise based on the leyland national bus body  and built by British leyland.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Er, no they’re not. They’re Metro Cammel 156’s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_156#Scotland

We’ve never had 153/155’s up in Scotland. In fact I don’t think we bought any Leyland tat.

And well done, now I look like a train spotter. I hope you’re happy.

stanfree
    Free Member

Im a driver for Scotrail and this was promised by Abelio as part of the franchise along with HST’s and cheaper fares. Good news though Its a bloody lottery just now even if you work for them getting Guards to accept more than a couple of trains.

CraigW
    Free Member

The plan is to add the single coach Class 153s onto the current 156/158, to make 3 coach trains.

project
    Free Member

squirrelking as above single car 153 added on the back or front of a 156 /158 etc as for train spootetter we dont exist anymore as most trains are unit based no locos except on freight and a few on east coast and caledonian sleepers and others nothing like before sprinterisation, were now known as  rail enthusiasts, a bit like car enthusiasts but with added brain cells and no thick padded jackets in sight

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike carriage to be added to ScotRail trains on the West Highland Line’ is closed to new replies.