Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bike built for my 12 year old daughter
  • Alex

Burner by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

She outgrew this one

Before by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

(that’s not my garage by the way in case there was any castigation of paintwork to follow)

The new one is a 2004 example we rode last week before buying. It was great but lacked significant pinkness as you can see:

Before by Alex Leigh, on Flickr
    Swapped over a bunch of stuff from the old one, drilled out the cable management for full length outers and brake lines. Swapped those to pink obviously and added some pink rotors and bolts.

Short of getting the airbrush out, I think it’s probably as pink as it’s going to get! The old one will be for sale when I’ve finished rebuilding it.

nickc

rubbish cables 😉

Alex

The best eBay could offer. Well could offer for a fiver 🙂 I did have one set of ride-on pink cables but at £25 a shot decided they couldn’t be that good!

oxym0r0n

Wow! Lucky daughter!

Alex

She has promised me a cake. So I think that makes us about equal 😉

emsz
    Free Member

is jealous

matt_outandabout

Nice.
    (how much for the old one and pics please – matt_outandabout AT hotmail.com – father of three who do not care for pink..)

YoKaiser
    Free Member

😀 top work!

Alex

Thank you 🙂
    Matt – you have mail.

matt_outandabout

And back 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

You must really love her; both proper Horst link Turners, not the newer faux bar or DW that they’re using now! 😀

sweaman2
    Free Member

Very nice. What brakes are those?

Alex

Brakes are Hope Tech 2 in limited pink edition with pink superstar rotors. That’s a pink Hope BB as well which are as rare as rocking horse poo!

My old 5-Spot was a Horst link. It’s like passing on an expensive watch!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bike built for my 12 year old daughter’ is closed to new replies.