Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Bike build weekend…
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Almost done here. Wheels now been Stan’d. Brakes sorted, reminded me how much I hate dot fluid though, evil stuff. Only hiccup is with the front post mount spacer. Just couldn’t get the caliper to fit and it turns out I need a 25S for 185 rotors and I have a 20S. Bugger. Other than that it is pretty much done, just got to get the fit sorted and I may even get it out for a spin tomorrow 🙂

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

The ‘Friday’ wheels appear on Tuesday. So I have finished, more or less. First ride this Friday. Looks like a 29 er being a 14 inch Scandal. Wife is happy and chuffed how it came out.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Thrusty, what’s the deal at the back end ? I’m not familiar with SS set-ups (if that’s what it is – I can’t expand the photo clearly to see) you appear to have a kind of derailleur / tensioner thingy going on (shows ignorance) please can you explain what you have done there.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Its just a sprung loaded tensioner that bolts to the derailleur hanger , as there is no way of taking up tension with vertical dropouts . Nothing more than that. £12 from Woolly hat Shop. Plenty of different ideas around. Alternative would have been an ENO white industries rear hub, but that is a bit of an arse with the disc setting up and fiddling.

jamiep
    Free Member

It is a chain tensioner; something like this from On-one

pymwymis
    Free Member

Ta

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well mine is done other than the front calliper adapter that should be here this week. Though already got itchy feet with the build and ordered a NW chainring and type 2 mech to ditch the chain guide. Also ordered a light KCNC seatpost. Pretty happy with the current build at 22lbs 8oz though with some sensible kit, especially as it felt quite heavy after a summer on the plastic road bike.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Bike build weekend…’ is closed to new replies.