Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Bike Boat Show – Anyone going?
  • igrf
    Free Member

If so maybe we should organise a rendezvous get together on the Guiness stand, put some faces and names to forum ID’s?

We’ll be up there mob handed, showing the Carbon Covert and the Klunker amongst other stuff, maybe even have some BOS suspension if they get their finger out..

It would be an interesting diversion to meet a bunch of you lycra girlies… 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy an I are going next Sat, the Nocturnes on in the evening too..

Kryton57

I’m going Friday with Team Kryton 😀

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, going next Sat – primarily to the Outdoors show, but will get around the rest of it aswell..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Going on Thursday, got free tikkits 🙂

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Will be there on the 19th with nipper & Mrs’.

We got sent free VIP tickets and parking from princess yachts- suckers!!!
    😉

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’ll be there on Friday. Yay – day off work 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

will you be squeezing into your wetsuit for the show igrf? That would be a contrast to all the fit girls in the boatshow.

scaredypants

bike-boat show ??

igrf
    Free Member

Rubber_Buccaneer – Member
    will you be squeezing into your wetsuit for the show igrf? That would be a contrast to all the fit girls in the boatshow.

My sylphlike figure can be found gracing a dry suit at this time of year and yes tomorrow I shall be in it. What I will do though is let you squeeze a pint of Guiness into my hand if you’re going.

bigdaddy

I’ll be there with the family on the Sat, should be fun. Have to keep the wallet out of reach though!

igrf
    Free Member

Anyone going up tomorrow?

Look out for a few of us on the Guiness Stand around 4…

Simwit

igrf, will you have the 2013 Bandit 26’s there & will there be any show special deals?

rewski
    Free Member

Yep. Friday afternoon.

andrewhowell
    Free Member

I am planning to go next Saturday.

keefus
    Free Member

I’ll be there Saturday……weather permitting

timbur
    Free Member

Saturday as well assuming the train works beyond Haywards Heath

igrf
    Free Member

Simwit – Member
    igrf, will you have the 2013 Bandit 26’s there & will there be any show special deals?

Yes we’ll have 2013 bandits there, the Bandit Deville we threatened didn’t get built because the Forks only showed up yesterday and they’re up there building the stand right now – deals at the show – only on previous year stuff or by any dealers that happen to be working the stand.

We have the Carbon Covert there, and the Klunker, Plus the Covert and TransAm29. All the 2013 BOS forks arrived in time to ship there but as I said not in time to mount on a bike. We’ve also got the new Kali stuff which has upped a notch yet again (there will be deals on last years helmets off the stand, we’ll have some fun T shirts, some free shirts for TRogs (Transition Owner Group) and we will be permitting the supply by you of Guinness to us…

igrf
    Free Member

Well it was busy today, it is an excellent show, I hardly had time to spare to give the Jedi his second lesson in Guiness consumption, but I managed.

Today he learned the 2nd rule of the Guiness stand, when it’s your round, bugger off back to your stand..

jedi

lol!! was good to see everyone 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

Good show, those divincis are a bit nice, deffo more carbon than Ti this year, and a canyon stand.

Kryton57

The cube 29ers are ridiculously good looking.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Shhhhhhh!! Don’t spoil it, we’re off tomorrow.. 😆

Kryton57

Bike buoy don’t take a credit card. Luckily I took my wife, so I didn’t end up buying about 4 bikes. Check out Salsa though with the new paint jobs on the Spearfish and Horsethief – ooof…..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh cool. I’m looking for a ceramic BB… This could be both fun and expensive.

Certainly looking forward to the Nocturne in the evening.. And a few Gunisses.

igrf
    Free Member

rewski – Member
    Good show, those divincis are a bit nice,

Nah they’re not they look ‘oribble, until like lots of things they improve after a few pints of Guiness..

Had a royal visit from STW today, wouldn’t go away even when I tried to chuck him off the stand…

It wasn’t quite as busy as yesterday, put that down to the media telling everyone to stop at home cos of the snow, we haven’t had a flake down here yet but like a mug I left early believing the forecast, it still hasn’t arrived. This country just doesn’t handle snow, it’s a bloody joke and it hasn’t even been that deep from what i can see on the news.. meejia standing in a couple of inches trying to dramatise it, we must seem like complete burkes to Continentals, honestly its embarrassing.

nano
    Free Member

Mrs Nano and I will be there tomorrow.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

As will I, Mrs & nipper.

For ones loyal fans hoping to meet me; super tall, silly chin fluff and no hair.

😉

Kryton57

There’s lots they look like you ^^^^ there, you’ll fit right in.

The stw guys tried to sell me a subscription, couldn’t they see my “P”? Tuts….

Mister-P
    Free Member

It’s pretty hectic on the Madison stand.

bruders338
    Free Member

I’m planning on going tomorrow? depending how bad the snow gets later.

but i missed last year i really really dont want to miss this year.

Much on???

Mister-P
    Free Member

Update – managed to escape the stand for a minute and it’s manic everywhere.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Just back, was very busy but not as many manufacturers as I expected, doubt very much I will go again.

colournoise

Was down there today. Thought it was a bit better in terms of stands then last year. Came away with a nice leather Fox wallet, cheap Oakley t-shirt, one of those new Shimano hydrapaks with a little money off, and one of igrf’s Klunker t-shirts (even if they had run out of change).

timbur
    Free Member

The folding bike races were fun. The chap on the Brompton (not narrowing it down much but I think it was yellow) that managed to kick/flick the cowbell off the circuit with his back wheel was a genius! It was right on the racing line so top work.

Can someone have a quiet word with the roadie on the Cannondale that got the corner wrong and threw a hissy fit during the first roadie ride? Not only do you NOT kick your bike but you also DON’T sit on the exit of the corner when other riders are still racing and can’t see you there you twunt. Proper hissy fit which isn’t great at the best of times let alone in front of kids. I did have to laugh when his tyre exploded after he finally got off his bum and started walking to the pits.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Bike Boat Show – Anyone going?’ is closed to new replies.