Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • bike blanket…WTF?
  • ibnchris

I was given one of these recently
    http://www.bike24.com/p2103337.html
    Has anyone here actually bought one and if so, why?
    I think it might be the most pointless bit of cycling paraphernalia I have come across. Baffling

wiggles
    Free Member

Not pointless if you store several bikes together or put them in a van together.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Wouldn’t buy one as I am tight, but I’m not struggling to see the point after loading multiple bikes in the back of many vans…

Edit-of you really don’t want it and live near Matlock… 😉

br
    Free Member
    MSP

I guess if you throw your bike in the back of a van or pickup with other bikes it will give it some protection, may also work on tow-bar bike racks (but looks liker it would also inhibit fastening).

Wouldn’t spend my money on one.

covertbaz
    Free Member

As you were given it, and find it pointless, I’ll happily take it off your hands 😉 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Blanket? Pah, my bike has a duvet.

tenfoot

My bikes are stored under an old duvet, so that when I have the garage door open, they’re not easily identified from the road.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Mine have their own bedroom!

johnnystorm

Now I’ve moved over to thermarests my old karrimats serve this purpose. If I was regularly lumping 4 carbon dream machines in my van I’d be tempted.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Yes, it’s an entirely sensible idea, but most people have their own bodge that didn’t cost them anything.

Like when Mudhugger invented the Ikea bag.

🙂

amplebrew

I use a couple removal blankets when transporting my bike in the back of the van.

Really cheap, but they work a treat.

stewartc
    Free Member

For van use it would be useful, even more if free, our local driver uses those small interlinking floor mats which are OK but prone to move when driving.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘bike blanket…WTF?’ is closed to new replies.