Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike bag advice please! (Merlin one any good?)
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

As the title suggests, I’m on the hunt for a bike bag – well two actually. We’re off to Spain in a few weeks (yay!) and so need a couple to take our lovely bikes in.

We’ve already been advised to pack them out with cardboard too, but what’s a good bag to start with?

We don’t want to spend a fortune, but obviously do want to protect the bikes. Our weight allowance also isn’t massive, so we can’t afford anything massively heavy even has wheels?

Anyway, any advice and specific recommendations would be very much appreciated. The Merlin one for £60 sounds alright and is good price wise – anyone had any experience of it, or know of a similarly priced decent bag?

Cheers! MM

Stoner
    Free Member

MM you work in cheltenham dont you?

I have two bike bags you can borrow in Malvern if you like.

If you plan to buy I have a dhb one from wiggle and a planet – x one. Both are fine and were cheap (£60ish). A cheap bag wont be a problem. pack it properly and you wont have a problem. Someone did a great “how to pack a bike bag” post on STW v1.0 but I guess it’s gone now.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks Stoner – that’d be great! That’s really kind of you. Yep, I work in Cheltenham so Malvern is an easy trip and well worth it to save ourselves £120. Are you sure that would be cool? I’ll send you an email in a bit to work it. Cheers mate! MM

Stoner
    Free Member

no problem.
    they just sit in the loft doing nothing. we dont fly with bikes anymore, we take the camper so they’re really only there for “emergencies”. Seems a waste given how big they are! 🙂

drop me a line.

Rickos
    Free Member

A mate of mine just uses a cardboard bike box.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Cheers Stoner, YGM

Tiboy

MM, what’s the plan for your birthday dinner this evening?

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Haha, sorry! Just making a plan now – will ring in the next 5 mins – I’m hungry!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike bag advice please! (Merlin one any good?)’ is closed to new replies.