Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Biggest/thickest grips
  • hooli

Any tips on the biggest grips available? I have hands like an ape and find all the grips I have tried too thin.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I too prefer to grip something of real girth.

I find one of the Superstar lock-on range pretty good in that respect – I forget the model but its pretty clearly stated.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

ODI rogues are my go to.

core

ODI rogue

colournoise

ODI Rogue?

EDIT. I guess we have a consensus already.

rascal
    Free Member

I like Raceface Good n Evil.
    Spray-on jobbies – I find lock-on grips have that hard barrel inner and prefer the extra softness of the spray-ons. Quick sticky too which is good.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Take a look at Oury Lock-Ons, if you can find them.

timbo678
    Free Member

ESI foam grips in chunky – grip game changer

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/esi-chunky-silicone-mtb-grips-2234-p.asp

big hands and always struggled, also lock on remove feel – these are excellent, on all bikes and a spare pair hanging around

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Oury lock ons. Can usually get them from On One.

My Troll hands are eternally grateful, the only grips I ever use. Gloves are required though.

BillOddie

You can get EXTRA chunky ESIs.

rocketman
    Free Member

ODi Rogue or RF Strafe

wallop

Superstar XL are good too.

Edit – they are long though and can push your brake levers inboard- this is tricky if you have short levers. The raceface strafe mentioned above is the same girth but a bit shorter than the superstar grip iirc

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve used Rouges for a long time but have now moved over to Lizard Skins Northshores.

momo

ESI Extra Chunky. I prefer non lock-on type grips they tend to be squishier.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Oury Lock ons…. But only the black feel comfy, they’re softer than the coloured ones for some reason.

markoc1984

ODI Rogues are really good and I have enjoyed using them. The ODI Elite Pros looked like a decent upgrade so have purchased a pair of those, but haven’t tried them out properly yet.

The Elite Pros are only 1mm thinner than the Rogues, and have an interesting oval off center grip so have more padding where it is needed.

edd

As above – Oury lock ons (much comfier than ODI Rogues).

hooli

Thanks all, that’s some good info to go on.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have Lizard Skins Northshore too and they are good. I might try chunky ESI grips next though, as I do use my invisible bar ends quite a lot when going uphill.

preciousmetals
    Free Member

RaceFace Good n Evil grips are just right and have never come across larger grips in the shops.
    They aren’t lickon though but nothing wd40 doesn’t solve

colournoise

preciousmetals – Member
    lickon

Think I’ll stick to collars and Allen keys…

nedrapier

Eleventy wraps of bar tape.

mahalo

ODI rogues on 4 different bikes for this fat handed tawt.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Biggest/thickest grips’ is closed to new replies.