• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Big shout out for eBay customer service!
  • Daffy

Sold something quite expensive (£400) which was “delivered to a neighbour” but no one, not even ParcelForce know to where it was delivered, only to whom (how is this helpful?) and have now declared the parcel as lost. They also, rather unhelpfully killed the tracking link almost as soon as I complained, but I had screenshots. Inevitably, the buyer (quite rightly) raised a claim with ebay. As such, I attempt to claim on the insurance I’d taken for the parcel, but PF want a declaration from the buyer/recipient that states they have not received the parcel and don’t know where it is. Ebay, due in no small part to PF killing the link, refund my buyer before I can get my declaration. The buyer then goes quiet…£400 gone, parcel gone, postage gone and no way to get it back.

In desperation I called them this morning to explain/rant at the situation, hoping that they might be able to get the buyer to issue the declaration or to provide it themselves. But damn, they agreed that they had made an error in ending the case without contacting me further and have refunded me my £400. NOT what I was expecting, but what a generous thing to do. I genuinely expected them to say “tough luck”.

Happy days!

kerley
    Free Member

Hold on, so you have been refunded £400 and now if you can get the buyer to provide a statement that he never received the item you can claim £400 from ParcelForce?

Daffy

I hadn’t thought about it as I don’t think I’d get the declaration…I suppose if they provide the declaration, I could, but I wouldn’t – Karma and all that.

tthew

You could, and donate one of the 400 quids to charity.

ads678

You could, and donate one of the 400 quids to charity

Yeah, then you’d still be £799 up!!😜

dyna-ti

Hold on, so you have been refunded £400 and now if you can get the buyer to provide a statement that he never received the item you can claim £400 from ParcelForce?

That would be immoral.

DezB
    Free Member

I’d just like to know why the £85 for the item I sold last Thursday is still not in my bank account even though Ebay tell me most enthusiastically “You been paid!” **** off have I you bag of shite company.

Daffy

If I could and if I did, I think I’d give it back to eBay.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Ebay have always been amazing with me, even as a casual seller. I’ve found phoning them is the best option if their standard systems don’t appear to be helping you. Whenever I’ve spoken to them and explained things they’ve gone out of their way to sort it and often I got a better result than I expected.

b230ftw
    Free Member

I’d just like to know why the £85 for the item I sold last Thursday is still not in my bank account even though Ebay tell me most enthusiastically “You been paid!” **** off have I you bag of shite company.

If you read the way it works now that sounds normal. I don’t like it either but if you want to use them you’ve got to go with their rules. If you don’t read the rules it’s only your own fault for getting angry.

Daffy

I tend to dispatch as soon as eBay confirms payment. The funds will take a day or so to reach my account, but it always does.

kerley
    Free Member

Still seems odd to me.
    The buyer is £400 down as eBay has returned it to you yet the buyer doesn’t have the item they have paid for as it has gone missing. Not sure why the buyer would not be getting a declaration to you asap and demanding a refund as item not received.
    Has the case the buyer opened remain closed of have eBay opened it back up?

If the item is missing and the buyer is £400 down you need to refund and you need to claim back from ParcelForce. What would you think if you were the buyer in this case?

(Clearly all bets are off if the buyer is lying and has the item because his neighbour gave it to him and he is trying it ones ParcelForce didn’t get his signature!)

Daffy

No – ebay have refunded the buyer from my accounts and have since credited me as they believe THEY made a mistake in closing the case too early. The only person out of pocket at the moment is ebay. The buyer was always going to get their money back, it was just a question of getting enough information from them in order for me to get my money back. Their reluctance to provide a statement was troubling and with eBaynot really checking what was going on, despite providing lots of information to them as a part of the case, they pulled the rug out from under me by not waiting until a declaration had been provided by the buyer. Had they waited or had the buyer provided the declaration earlier, it all would have completed in the normal way – buyer refunded, me claiming against PF.

kerley
    Free Member

Ah, got it thanks. Strange that eBay would write off £400 but good to know they have.
    In the very few issues I have had the years I have found eBay to be pretty good.

DezB
    Free Member

it’s only your own fault for getting angry.

WhyIoughta!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Big shout out for eBay customer service!’ is closed to new replies.