Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • big sheds, build myself or buy?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

im sure i can build a much better shed for the money rather than buying but any experience of this out there? will be used to store bikes as well so will need to be strong and incorperate a ground anchor or two etc.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I built my last shed because it had to fit an irregular shape. 10 by 8 by 5 by 7 by 2.

Looked like a normal shed but when you got inside there was more room that expected.

Only thing I would change would be to fix the roof down better. I just screwed it down into the top of the walls which were ply. Along came the big bad wolf of a storm which huffed and puffed and blew the roof off.

Fortunately it got caught up in the tree the shed was built under so I just screwed it back on in the morning.

HTTP404
    Free Member

I've ordered an asgard bike shed.

I don't trust anything made from wood to store valuable bikes.
    In the past I've built my own shed. Very sturdy but it wouldn't have taken much ingenuity to break into.

odannyboy
    Free Member

PS any bike shed/workshop pics greatly apprectiated…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I'm building mine. Pretty straightforward and good fun too.

I'm going to have a greenhouse section on the end and an inside-outside rabbit hutch extension!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Im contemplating building a pallet shed. Using old pallets for the frame and then some nicer wood over the top of them so it looks nice. Problem is I have so many other things to do before I can do that.

Davy
    Free Member

I built mine last year, and I'd recommend it to anyone who knows which end of the hammer to hold. Much sturdier than anything I've seen in B&Q etc. and much cheaper to boot. Ok, it took more time, planning and work to actually make the thing, but it was well worth it in the end.

TreeWhatTree….
    Free Member

you may want to read this before putting your bikes in it, but I guess it depends where you live.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘big sheds, build myself or buy?’ is closed to new replies.